The University of Adelaide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Service Centre Officer Interview

Human Resources Service Centre Officer
Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The University of Adelaide in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online however had a friend working in HR at the time. She managed to convince the manager to interview me and I was called in. There was over 200 applicants for the position I applied for so I was lucky enough to have a strong application as well as meeting the requirements.

Interview Question – As this is not a role where you have to think on your feet questions were pretty straight forward, the usual for a help desk customer service type role. How do you work in a team, how do you deal with angry customers etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were two positions available and I was offered the part time one. I know how hard it is getting into the University so I accepted it, i'm glad I did this is now my third contract and i'm currently full time. You can absolutely negotiate salary as there are around 4 steps within each level. Don't be afraid to ask, superannuation can also be negotiated (17% instead of 9.25)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The University of Adelaide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The University of Adelaide interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The University of Adelaide employees and interview candidates.