The University of Alabama

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview Details – Contacted interviewer via email. Interviewer requested my resume and portfolio. After submitting items, interviewer requested an in person interview. Conducted an interview with immediate superior, project manager, and financial manager. Was offered position at the conclusion of the interview. I took the weekend to think over the offer and accepted the following Monday. I assumed the position a week and a half later.

Interview Question – Would you like to accept this offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase due to the University's GRA program. I was offered the highest GRA compensation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at The University of Alabama in February 2010.

Interview Details – The biggest issue with hiring at the university is that it takes time. Expect to go long periods of time without knowing the status of your application. The interview process tends to be fairly laid back, with most of the focus being on ensuring you are a good fit for the team and the job.

Interview Question – There is a technical component to some interviews that require you demonstrate your development abilities. Be ready to demonstrate that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The offer is what it is, most of the salary is currently stuck due to bureaucracy,,,they will claim that the benefits make it worth it, and they are partially right, but this is a lifestyle choice. Don't apply if you are looking to be the highest paid in your graduating class, thats not what life at a University if all about.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The University of Alabama in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is based on the CV and university transcripts. If you have a good background and good communication with the advisor, you have a great chance to get the offer. Also, the devotion to the research in the future will be important to present during the interview process.

Interview Question – What do you want to do after you graduate?   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The University of Alabama in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the manager she asked a few questions about previous work experience, and availability.Suggested a start time and I was hired nothing too serious.

Interview Question – The questions were really simple.   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The University of Alabama in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at UA is very easy, if you know someone. I interned with the department for a year before I was interested in full-time employment. I knew the person who was making the hiring decision and received a call for a phone interview. The interview lasted about five minutes and the questions centered around whether or not I would work early mornings. The whole process lasted about one month. The university never does anything quickly.

Interview Question – Will you work 4am to noon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. In fact, I asked about my salary after I was offered the job and was told my boos "would check on it". He never did and I naively accepted the position anyways. I ended up making a little more than minimum wage.

Resident Advisor Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview Details – After filling out the necessary paperwork, you are required to attend one of several interview sessions all ran by current RAs. These sessions are broke into 4 parts. The first part is the standard panel interview. The next session is used in order to judge your creativity. The last two sections both deal with how you interact with people. This is used in order to judge who has the leadership qualities necessary to perform the RA job effectively.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is trying to separate yourself during the sections where they are judging how well you work as a team.   Answer Question

Annual Giving Coordinator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, was told to hear back from them in about a week. received and email that day asking to come down for an inperson interview. after flying down, being put up in a hotel, and meals provided for, and a full day interview. was told I would hear back in a week or so ... never heard anything back. even after following up with handwritten thank you notes for those on the search committee, and those who drove me to the airport.

Interview Question – what do you think your biggest challenge would be in this position?   View Answer

Office Associate II Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The University of Alabama in September 2008.

Interview Details – The application process is quite easy at UA, however, it's quite difficult to be considered if you don't already work there or know someone who does. I happened to be interviewed for the temp office pool position available at the time and it was very informal. We spoke about my recent experience in grad school and my resume. It was very short and they called me back within the hour to fill out the final hiring process paperwork.

Interview Question – I don't remember having to answer any difficult or unexpected questions for this particular job, but the one that always irritates me is: "Where do you see yourself in five years?" How in the world am I supposed to answer that? Am I psychic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was "Do you want this job?" And I said, "Absolutely!"

Student Tech Support Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The University of Alabama in March 2008.

Interview Details – Ned to have background in PC, windows, networks

Interview Question – How to resolve DNS confllict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Student job.

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The University of Alabama in November 2009.

Interview Details – In-person interview with Administrative Assistant for the office. Met with the Dean and other office staff to discuss skills, personal background, and job description.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and other computer software?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, as this is a part-time job for currently enrolled students in the University of Alabama's College of Arts and Sciences.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The University of Alabama? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The University of Alabama interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by The University of Alabama employees and interview candidates.