The University of Kansas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The University of Kansas.

Communication via email. I had to reschedule and they were very understanding. I met with the principal investigator of lab and breifly met with lab members. Everyone was very friendly.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Selected based on qualifications - prior research work; Positive outcome; Easy transition; Comfortable place to work; Should chose laboratory based on research interests as it is a long-term commitment; Need to learn quickly and apply; Depends on the laboratory; some labs conduct interviews prior to admission

Interview Questions
    • No interview process for this position   View Answer

Helproom Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The University of Kansas in July 2013.

Be as specific and know your stuff. Honestly, the recruiter only cares about whether you know math, physics/chemistry and your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Normal Behavioral questions and technical questions about Calculus and Physics/Chemistry.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

It was only a phone interview

Senior Graphic Designer/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at The University of Kansas in February 2010.

I had one interview. There were about 4 other candidates being interviewed. It took the better part of an afternoon, because I was interviewed by multiple teams of people. Due to the number of people involved, most participants didn't talk much or ask many questions. I got a good sense of how collaborative the environment there was.

Terms were nonnegotiable.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The University of Kansas.

If international student, a good TOEFL speaking score will definitely be a plus(24+)..for general hiring process..tutoring experience should also be a plus..hiring process consists of filling up an application..if 2 or more applications stand out..interwiew is arranged to settle the tie..phd students are preferred over ms students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The University of Kansas in February 2010.

I had a phone interview with two professors from Department of Medicinal Chemistry at KU. Questions are pretty straightforward.

No negotiation phase

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Emailed advisor to lab, volunteered for a semester and was offered position

Interview Questions
    • To be honest the interview process was more like an internship so there weren't a lot of questions   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation, rates for GRA are pre-determined based on time there etc.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The University of Kansas in September 2012.

The application was online and then I was called in for an interview, there was two people in my interview and they were all pretty standard questions.

Transportation Research Institute Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The University of Kansas in August 2013.

I applied through KU's online portal for campus jobs and was called in for an interview. I met with two people, who seemed to be the boss and someone from HR. They were perfectly pleasant and offered me the job a few days later. They seemed like great people to work with.

Interview Questions

I accepted another job that is closer to my desired career field.

Worked for The University of Kansas? Contribute to the Community!