The University of Kansas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The University of Kansas.

Communication via email. I had to reschedule and they were very understanding. I met with the principal investigator of lab and breifly met with lab members. Everyone was very friendly.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Selected based on qualifications - prior research work; Positive outcome; Easy transition; Comfortable place to work; Should chose laboratory based on research interests as it is a long-term commitment; Need to learn quickly and apply; Depends on the laboratory; some labs conduct interviews prior to admission

Interview Questions
    • No interview process for this position   View Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

It was only a phone interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The University of Kansas.

If international student, a good TOEFL speaking score will definitely be a plus(24+)..for general hiring process..tutoring experience should also be a plus..hiring process consists of filling up an application..if 2 or more applications stand out..interwiew is arranged to settle the tie..phd students are preferred over ms students.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Emailed advisor to lab, volunteered for a semester and was offered position

Interview Questions
    • To be honest the interview process was more like an internship so there weren't a lot of questions   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation, rates for GRA are pre-determined based on time there etc.

Transportation Research Institute Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The University of Kansas in August 2013.

I applied through KU's online portal for campus jobs and was called in for an interview. I met with two people, who seemed to be the boss and someone from HR. They were perfectly pleasant and offered me the job a few days later. They seemed like great people to work with.

Interview Questions

I accepted another job that is closer to my desired career field.

Helproom Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The University of Kansas in July 2013.

Be as specific and know your stuff. Honestly, the recruiter only cares about whether you know math, physics/chemistry and your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Normal Behavioral questions and technical questions about Calculus and Physics/Chemistry.   Answer Question

Librarian I Interview

I was interviewed at their Overland Park Campus. I was given a tour of the library and met some of the staff. You are asked about experience related to libraries and customer service. You need to know almost all positions at this campus are part time and the hours of operation are reduced drastically during the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is pretty basic. Be ready to describe customer service experience.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant, College Or University Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The University of Kansas.

Main point of the interview is to see if you are a good fit. Either you are qualified for the job or you are not, but having a good interaction with your professor is important. They want to see if you will work well with them, other TAs, and students.

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The University of Kansas in November 2012.

Applied online, contacted a week later for interview, had interview 5 days later. Contacted me for references but did not contact me until 2 weeks after the interview.