The University of Texas-Pan American

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Work Study Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American.

Interview Details – I was already known in the department and they really needed a work study so I did not go through an interview process.

Interview Question – Starting a job where it was a brand new field to me.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Edinburg, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American.

Interview Details – I applied on June, 2005. They called me in November for an interview. Interview and application process are really slow.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaried are below average.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process

50 word minimum

I had a wonderful interview here. Process: meeting with faculty here in the morning, having lunch, giving a talk to faculty members and students, talking with faculty and search commiittee members, and finally having dinner.

Interview Question – talk about some events on the trip to UTPA   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Edinburg, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in November 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted the program director via email and discussed the possibility of being a TA while studying my masters. A resume was submitted afterwards. The process might take long since usually the faculty decides close to the end of the previous semester. There's was short interview afterwards to check on your experiences and strengths, but no real skill test, they believe in your GPA.

Interview Question – None, just try to apply to a relevant TA position showing that you actually know about your area and have a good GPA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary can't be negotiated since the TA budget is limited

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Edinburg, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple, just easy office questions

Negotiation Details – They just offered me the job, and I accepted

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied based on an online posting, and they invited me to interview at a conference. I met with two professors from the department at the conference, and a couple months later they flew me out to meet the rest of the department, make a presentation, and tour the campus.

Interview Question – Current research streams   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech

The process took a day - interviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in September 2009.

Interview Details – No interview just background and skills check.

Interview Question – The application process asked for classes taken.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The University of Texas-Pan American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The University of Texas-Pan American interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by The University of Texas-Pan American employees and interview candidates.