The University of Texas-Pan American

www.utpa.edu

The University of Texas-Pan American Interview Questions

1.9

Work Study Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American.

I was already known in the department and they really needed a work study so I did not go through an interview process.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American.

I applied on June, 2005. They called me in November for an interview. Interview and application process are really slow.

Interview Questions
    Salaried are below average.

Supplemental Instructor Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in July 2013.

Interview was great, I was interviewed by the Supplemental Instruction Supervisor. He didn't ask a lot of questions, basic things. Good communication skills needed (will be in front of a group of students, to explain concepts from the class).

Pretty simple, just accept or decline and then go to a training (2 weeks).

Assistant Professor Interview

Hiring and Interview Process

50 word minimum

I had a wonderful interview here. Process: meeting with faculty here in the morning, having lunch, giving a talk to faculty members and students, talking with faculty and search commiittee members, and finally having dinner.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in November 2009.

Contacted the program director via email and discussed the possibility of being a TA while studying my masters. A resume was submitted afterwards. The process might take long since usually the faculty decides close to the end of the previous semester. There's was short interview afterwards to check on your experiences and strengths, but no real skill test, they believe in your GPA.

Interview Questions
    • None, just try to apply to a relevant TA position showing that you actually know about your area and have a good GPA   Answer Question
    Salary can't be negotiated since the TA budget is limited

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in September 2009.

Very simple, just easy office questions

They just offered me the job, and I accepted

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in August 2010.

I applied based on an online posting, and they invited me to interview at a conference. I met with two professors from the department at the conference, and a couple months later they flew me out to meet the rest of the department, make a presentation, and tour the campus.

Lab Tech Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at The University of Texas-Pan American in September 2009.

No interview just background and skills check.

Interview Questions
    • The application process asked for classes taken.   View Answer
    Non