The Washington Center Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Washington Center

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Washington Center.

The interview process was very thorough and professional - the people were warm and I was impressed. Three people, including one person from HR, were included in my first interview, and I went in for follow-up interviews before they offer. I think the number of interviews depends on availability of higher-level staff.

Interview Questions
    • They have an intense focus on experiential education. so you should have a good grasp of how to explain your perception of what this means. There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question
    There isn't a lot of room for negotiation because they try to keep you at the same level as others with similar experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Washington Center in March 2010.

The interview process consists of a panel interview with human resources staff and academic department staff including your future peers. Any interview with more than two or three people can be a little overwhelming but the staff is friendly and interesting to talk to making the interview a little less intimidating.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Washington Center.

I was invited to have the first round interview of the Spring 2014 Prudential Application. It was a skype interview with two nice interviewers. 10 minute session. Questions based on my resume I provided in the online application.

2 rounds of in person interviews after a phone interview

Program Advisor Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Washington Center in June 2008.

Had a large group interview for the first round. There were about 6-7 managers in the room when I expected the HR person to be the only person interviewing me. It was a little disorganized and they all took turns randomly asking me questions. The second interview I briefly met with a (clueless) VP and and the president of the organization. I had an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a low-end salary and I negotiated for a few thousand more. Definitely try to negotiate because raises are not much. If you start off with a low salary, you will stay low.

Worked for The Washington Center? Contribute to the Community!