The Washington Post

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Analyst Interview

Web Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at The Washington Post.

Interview Details – A few days after applying, I received an email to set up an phone screening. At the end of the screening (basic interview questions about your background), I was invited to come into the office for an interview and analytical exercise. I was told the process would take about two hours.

The interview itself was purely behavioral based (i.e. tell me about a time you worked on your own, etc). Very difficult. Then I was given an hour and a half to complete the analytics exercise. Basically they just asked me to look at a set of data and draw whatever conclusions I could from it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to be proactive and what was the result?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Web Analyst Interview

Web Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Washington Post in September 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a telephone interview asking about questions on my resume. Then I was asked to interview with HR and then had a simulation using excel. I was brought in to have another interview with a consultant and finally saw the manager of whom I would be working with.

Interview Question – The interview used questions that often resulted from Situation Action and Result and the only difficulty would be varying examples (Ie name your biggest success in a work experience)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Washington Post? Contribute to the Community!

The Washington Post – Why Work for Us?

Make The Headlines. Every Day. Want to work for an organization whose impact and reach are respected around the world? Want a job where you actually make a difference instead of just show up? At The Washington Post… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Washington Post Web Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Washington Post employees and interview candidates.