The Washington Post

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at The Washington Post.

A few days after applying, I received an email to set up an phone screening. At the end of the screening (basic interview questions about your background), I was invited to come into the office for an interview and analytical exercise. I was told the process would take about two hours.

The interview itself was purely behavioral based (i.e. tell me about a time you worked on your own, etc). Very difficult. Then I was given an hour and a half to complete the analytics exercise. Basically they just asked me to look at a set of data and draw whatever conclusions I could from it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to be proactive and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Washington Post

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Washington Post in September 2012.

I first had a telephone interview asking about questions on my resume. Then I was asked to interview with HR and then had a simulation using excel. I was brought in to have another interview with a consultant and finally saw the manager of whom I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The interview used questions that often resulted from Situation Action and Result and the only difficulty would be varying examples (Ie name your biggest success in a work experience)   Answer Question