Interviews for Top Jobs at The Washington Service

Candidate Interview Review

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Washington Service (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

I sent in my resume and cover letter after seeing the position on an online job board. After about three days, I was contacted to set up a short phone interview, which took about 10 minutes. The questions were fairly routine, and it seemed to go okay. The girl interviewing me was polite, but she did sound a little...snotty? Or maybe uptight/stiff...she just didn't have a relaxed or conversational manner to her, which made me feel uncomfortable. Anyway, I answered her questions, asked a few of my own, and we said our goodbyes. The next day, she informed me by email that I was not selected to continue to the next round of interviews, and that was that. Overall, I liked how quickly the process moved, but the manner of the interviewer was kind of off-putting and made it so that I wasn't really excited about the position anymore, because if everyone at the workplace is like that, it can't be too much fun...

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be happy in this position?   1 Answer