The World Bank

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview Details – The hiring process differs across all departments. One should be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with differing backgrounds. In my case, I had to undergo seven rounds of interviews in a single day. In the end, I got the job!

Interview Question – Tell me what is going on in global financial markets this afternoon and what would you do to rectify your position as a portfolio manager if you had the following options: [which I do not remember given the passage of time].   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The World Bank in August 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for 1.5 hours with three senior staff members. I then had two hours to prepare two separate written documents for a blog and for a PowerPoint presentation based on some written material provided by the organization. I received a call on a Monday for an interview on Wednesday.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was preparing the written components for the skills test.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was asked to provide a salary range. I provided a range of $55-65 and they offered me a salary at the top of range, so I did not need to negotiate for more.

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!