The World Bank

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The World Bank in June 2010.

Interview Details – The first round is a 3-hour take home written test directly related with the daily work of the job, second round is an interview with two core team members; third round is an interview with the higher manager of the team.

Interview Question – The written test is kind of challenging, especially for people not familiar with the topic and the writing characteristics of the Bank   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The World Bank in February 2008.

Interview Details – Phone, skype, written assessment, 1-1 interview

Interview Question – How do you handle inter-personal conflict in a multi-cultural environment?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The World Bank in September 2011.

Interview Details – This was a very long interview process. I contacted one department through an employee contact of mine and was given the first 1:1 interview. Then months later the second interview arrived and again it took a month before the last panel interview was held. After that, it took only a few days before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In contrast to what I had heard from other STCs, there was not much negotiation over the contract.

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!