Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The World Bank
- Short-term Consultant (STC) (14)
- Extended Term Consultant (4)
- Research Analyst (4)
- Consultant (3)
- Junior Professional Associate (3)
- Operations Analyst (3)
- Economist (3)
- Intern (3)
- Program Assistant (3)
- Short Term Consultant (3)
- Senior Human Resources Officer (2)
- Young Professional (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Research Assistant (2)
- Associate Analyst (2)
- Senior Specialist (2)
- Senior Finance Assistant (2)
- Operations Officer (1)
- Research (1)
- NOC Technician (1)
- IT Officer (1)
- STC (1)
- Advisor (1)
- Program Officer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Fund Analyst (1)
- Senior Economist (1)
- International Affairs (1)
- Technical Advisor (1)
- Senior Communications Officer (1)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in September 2011.
This was a very long interview process. I contacted one department through an employee contact of mine and was given the first 1:1 interview. Then months later the second interview arrived and again it took a month before the last panel interview was held. After that, it took only a few days before I was offered the position.
In contrast to what I had heard from other STCs, there was not much negotiation over the contract.
Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank
Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2010.
The first round is a 3-hour take home written test directly related with the daily work of the job, second round is an interview with two core team members; third round is an interview with the higher manager of the team.
- The written test is kind of challenging, especially for people not familiar with the topic and the writing characteristics of the Bank Answer Question
Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2008.
Phone, skype, written assessment, 1-1 interview
- How do you handle inter-personal conflict in a multi-cultural environment? Answer Question