Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The World Bank
- Short-term Consultant (STC) (18)
- Extended Term Consultant (4)
- Economist (4)
- Research Analyst (4)
- Consultant (3)
- Operations Analyst (3)
- Intern (3)
- Junior Professional Associate (3)
- Short Term Consultant (3)
- Program Assistant (3)
- Senior Specialist (2)
- Young Professional (2)
- Associate Analyst (2)
- Energy Analyst (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Finance Assistant (2)
- Research Assistant (2)
- Senior Human Resources Officer (2)
- Senior Education Specialist (1)
- Senior Financial Officer (1)
- Economics (1)
- Program Assistant, Short-term Consultant (1)
- Junior Professional Officer (1)
- NOC Technician (1)
- Operations Officer (1)
- Research (1)
- IT Officer (1)
- Program Officer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Fund Analyst (1)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in September 2011.
This was a very long interview process. I contacted one department through an employee contact of mine and was given the first 1:1 interview. Then months later the second interview arrived and again it took a month before the last panel interview was held. After that, it took only a few days before I was offered the position.
In contrast to what I had heard from other STCs, there was not much negotiation over the contract.
Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank
Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2010.
The first round is a 3-hour take home written test directly related with the daily work of the job, second round is an interview with two core team members; third round is an interview with the higher manager of the team.
- The written test is kind of challenging, especially for people not familiar with the topic and the writing characteristics of the Bank Answer Question
Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2008.
Phone, skype, written assessment, 1-1 interview
- How do you handle inter-personal conflict in a multi-cultural environment? Answer Question