Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The World Bank
- Short-term Consultant (STC) (18)
- Extended Term Consultant (4)
- Economist (4)
- Research Analyst (4)
- Consultant (3)
- Operations Analyst (3)
- Intern (3)
- Junior Professional Associate (3)
- Short Term Consultant (3)
- Program Assistant (3)
- Senior Specialist (2)
- Young Professional (2)
- Associate Analyst (2)
- Energy Analyst (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Finance Assistant (2)
- Research Assistant (2)
- Senior Human Resources Officer (2)
- Senior Education Specialist (1)
- Senior Financial Officer (1)
- Economics (1)
- Program Assistant, Short-term Consultant (1)
- Junior Professional Officer (1)
- NOC Technician (1)
- Operations Officer (1)
- Research (1)
- IT Officer (1)
- Program Officer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Fund Analyst (1)
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2015.
I applied for the job online and after slightly more than a monthgot an email informing me that I had been shortlisted and asking to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview a week after this. It was sort of a screening interview following which I was invited for a panel interview at the World Bank Interview. I heard back from them about 3 weeks after this and was offered the job, which I accepted.
- Specific questions relating to the particular position I was applying for. Also, a walk through the CV and a couple of behavioral questions. Answer Question
I did not negotiate.
Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank
Economist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at The World Bank.
Panel of 3 or 4 people, ask u questions on broad topics ( can be anything), so prepare to have broad knowledge and try to use commnsense
- none really.. Standard stuff Answer Question
Very little bargaining power. HR obfuscates, obstructs and generally tries to get u on the cheap... Another offer from another place may help you better
Economist InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2012.
Had a phone interview where we discussed individual economic terms to make sure I understood the basic concepts. Group interview consisted of a case study and explaining growth in the GDP of a particular South American country.
- What's the difference between stock and flow? Answer Question
Economist InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at The World Bank in June 2012.
Panel interview went extremelly well. I has been asked a lot of management cases concerning my previous work experience. But unfortunately the vacance has been cancelled