The World Bank

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Extended Term Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview Details – Was shortlisted for a consultant position. Could choose phone, skype or in-person interview - I had the latter, with a three-member panel. Very pleasant experience, lasted less than an hour, lots of behavioral type questions, and the usual questions regarding past experience and interests.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview Details – Applied by knowing someone emailed my resume, got called for interview

Interview Question – Why should we select you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiations

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The World Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – A panel interview. Asked me the usual technical questions. One interviewer kept averting his eyes and repeated the same questions three times...

Interview Question – Are you a fast learner?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really... Was told I should be grateful to get offer. There were hundreds lining up to accept the job.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extended Term Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The World Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was emailed to have an interview about 2 weeks after the application. There were two interviewers (one was the direct of the branch and the other was the direct boss of the successful applicant). They asked more on projects I participated (They seemed to try to find the relevance of my previous experience to their projects) rather than the general questions on me.

Interview Question – Explain the relevance of your working experience to our projects   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The World Bank

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The World Bank Extended Term Consultant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The World Bank employees and interview candidates.