The World Bank

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.1

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The World Bank in June 2012.

Had a phone interview where we discussed individual economic terms to make sure I understood the basic concepts. Group interview consisted of a case study and explaining growth in the GDP of a particular South American country.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The World Bank in June 2012.

Interview included many functional questions and understanding of emerging markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The World Bank in May 2012.

Very comfortable interview situation over coffee and breakfast. Relaxed but informative.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about salary during the first interview which caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Extended Term Temporary Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The World Bank in April 2012.

Applied through my school career center - The process took 2 weeks - One phone interview

There was no negotiation

STC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The World Bank in March 2012.

Got interviewed by 4 lawyers and a HR recruiter for about 1.5 hrs. Got offered in 3 days.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The World Bank in March 2012.

Recriteer contacted me and then had phone interview finally i went to the office for face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me about the seven layers of OSI   View Answer
    • what is the function of the network layer?   View Answer

Junior Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The World Bank in November 2011.

Apply online
    Forward your application to any contacts you may have internally in order to aid you in the short listing process
    Once you are short-listed, you get an interview
    Some positions require a test after the interview, such as a 24 hour deadline to submit a presentation on a specific topic you are assigned

Interview Questions
    • How do you judge a project or business venture's profit potential?   Answer Question

Knowledge Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The World Bank in October 2011.

This was a position forwarded to me by a WB employee, who also sent my resume to them before. After few days, they asked me to send an email outlining my relevant experience. The week after I met with the team in a small meeting room at their floor and the team included three people. The position was heavy on the event management so questions were geared toward that goal.

Interview Questions
    • If you are going to organize a meeting or panel with a speaker, who is not there physically, what kind of software or programs would you use? What kind of equipment would you need? Give examples.   View Answer
    • Let's say you have a team member and you are working on the conference agenda. You are going to report to your supervisor about your research, but your team failed to finish her work on time and did not show up next morning in the meeting with your supervisor. what would you do?   View Answer

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The World Bank in October 2011.

A friend recommended me for an STC position. They needed somebody ASAP. I've got a phone call the next day from the manager. The manager asked me when I can start and a few other questions and that was it. She gave me an offer right away and I accepted. I had to travel back to my country to get the visa, so I started 2 weeks later. Everything was super fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    I liked the offer and accepted right away. I needed the visa, so I didn't want to negotiate. Moreover, the offer was awesome for my first real job in the US - right after school. I've had a little of experience, but in a different field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Was easy. No curve balls - just straightforward stuff. This could be because it was for a short-term contract. Perhaps the interviews for full-time positions are more challenging. I just can't say. One thing to note is that they like individuals who thrive in a multi-cultural environment, which makes sense given the diverse, global workforce.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how prior experience matched with job requirements and about my desired work culture .   Answer Question