The World Bank

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Operations Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The World Bank in November 2010.

I filed an application online, received interview offer 5 months later, interview was one day (panel and assessment), and was given a decision 9 weeks later

The assessment process was extremely challenging, and it seemed it favoured Bank insiders who knew current procedures and culture of the Bank, an outside candidate would have a very difficult time answering many of the scenarios that were presented.

The panels though were very good, the experts knew my technical area inside out and it was very stimulating conversation. Even though I didn't get the job, it was a thrill just to spend a few hours with high level persons at the Bank, discussing the most pressing development issues in our sector.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say is the single most important issue that must be solved in [your technical sector] for development to occur?   Answer Question