The World Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The World Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – Occasionally, the World Bank conducts testing before interviews. This is great if you think your talents fit the job moreso than your resume. I got a chance to prove myself before being interviewed.

Be patient with them during the background check and offer process. It's a big bureaucracy, and this part takes time.

Interview Question – Be prepared to speak any foreign language you list on your resume. World Bankers are largely polyglot--there will be someone there who can put you on the spot and engage you in 2 or 3 languages.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The World Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – It took 4 months to be contacted for the interview after submitting the application. The recruiter firstly asked me about my educational-computer background (Team Leader of the computer group) then the Group/Panel Interview of 4 in a conference room at their floor, asking structured questions, why do you want this job? How can you contribute? What would do if...? etc etc. 2Hr Interview. The culture is great, people are friendly and laid back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Mostly questions about previous experience & management.   Answer Question
  • Let's say you have a team member and you are working on the same project. The other team member failed to finish her part of the work on time. what would you do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The World Bank

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The World Bank Program Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The World Bank employees and interview candidates.