The World Bank Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The World Bank in August 2014.

The interview was with a panel of 3. Two economists, one research analyst. They asked mainly about my CV and then some behavioral questions. The people were really friendly. They don't pressure you nor give you hard time. Prepare to answer common questions like "Tell me about you", "tell one difficulty you met and how you solved it". Also, prepare to brief any paper you have on your CV. Mine interview wasn't technical probably because I worked as an research assistant before. Definitely prepare more examples from your similar working experience cause they are going to be really interested in it.

Interview Questions
  • If 5 people knock on your door and ask you to do things for them, all urgent, what would you do? If you received multiple tasks and you knew you couldn't finish all of them on time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The World Bank in November 2013.

For a research analyst position, usually the interview panel includes about four to five people. Usually the manager, who the research analyst won't be in the second round of interviews (after screening). Questions cover the ‘responsibilities“ part of the terms of reference, and should be very professional. Usually the person whose profile fits the best will get most "yay"s. However, courtesy is very very important. Please remember to send a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • technical question relevant to the requirement of the job; team work (how did you resolve conflicts with your team members)   View Answer
    I was an interviewer

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The World Bank.

3 weeks from applying to getting an interview

Interview Questions
    • They were all as expected. Sometimes abrasive but nothing too harsh.   Answer Question

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!