The World Bank Senior Human Resources Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The World Bank in September 2010.

Initial communication with the organization was positive, had a telephone interview (with two interviewers) and was shortlisted to come to DC. The planning of the interview was really slow and only confirmed a couple days prior when I had to fly out (intercontinental) to DC. Despite the last minute planning, everything was well planned out when I arrived. Had a couple of good sessions - although they just asked questions and didn't really leave a lot of time for me to ask any. They just all seemed to want to fill the one hour and then go. I even think that my background was confused with someone else because I was told that I had written in my application letter that...and I never had. I looked down and he had someone else's resume lying in front of him. I didn't want to argue - he was a Director but it didn't make the best impression. Valid questions regarding my experience although most of the time they seemed to make me feel like "you're not qualified for this so prove to me that you are - change my mind."

All in all, however, generally positive experience and a good group of people.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to effectively working in bureaucratic organizations   Answer Question
  • How would you define organizational development to someone who knew nothing about it? What is it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Senior Human Resources Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The World Bank in January 2009.

Very structured and thorough.

Interview Questions
    Salary

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!