The World Bank Senior Specialist Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Four months after applying I received an email mentioning I was shortlisted. In that same communication they asked me for my availability for the next month. Two weeks later they scheduled the interview at their HQ. The interview consisted of a practical test, very specific to the position I was applying to. It lasted the whole morning. at a later point I met with a panel, who was fairly amicable and asked relevant questions. My issue with the process is that it is VERY slow and HR does a very poor job of communicating with the candidates. In the end the process was canceled due to lack of funds.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions to the job the WB does in the area. Study beforehand.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Often the jobs land to preselected incumbents, or to those having connections. Those that are selected on merit alone can rise in hierarchy depending on how well they network with those that matter. Communication skills matter a lot. If one can convey his/ her viewpoint during interviews, unhesitatingly, better prospects are for being considered.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult are the questions that seek to test your skills to handle crisis, situations demanding dealing with integrity, teamwork achievements and dealing with ethical issues involving seniors at the place of work. Also challenges such as developing junior staff are issues that require narrating live examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. One must!