The Wunderman Network Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied via Indeed and was then contacted for a phone screen. Since I was not a local candidate, I then had a phone interview with 2 other team members before I was asked to come in person. I drove 4 hours and had an interview that lasted 45 minutes with 2 of the people I had already spoken to on the phone. The interview questions by one individual focused heavily on my presumed negative characteristics based on the fact that I was born into the "Millennial" generation. Travel expenses were not reimbursed and I had to practically stalk the HR person to find out that I did not get the position. I was then told there was another role they were considering me for on another team. After several weeks, a phone interview was set up with the account lead and I was supposed to get feedback that afternoon. However, when I spoke to the HR person she had not talked to the account lead yet and ensured me she would contact me as soon as possible with feedback. After weeks of reaching out via email and phone to the HR person, I received no response or closure of any sort. A complete lack of common courtesy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Extremely poor experience. An employee at Wunderman informed my current employer (at the time) that I had applied for the job, despite listing the company as do-not-contact. Unethical and turned out to be seriously problematic for me. Additionally... The head of HR forgot our agreed-upon meeting time for the phone screening. Key members of the strategy team failed to turn up to the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in strategy? What was one project where you directed strategy?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. There was a phone screen with the recruiter and then an onsite interview with two people. Overall, it was a great experience. The recruiting team was very communicative, and the process went smoothly.

Email Dev Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

One interview with three people. Showed me printed out examples of psd's and asked me how I would code them (broad overview of tables). People left one at a time until I was just with one person and he asked me some questions to make me think. Riddle type questions.

Senior Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with HR, followed by four interviews with various team members working on a specific account that totaled over three hours. Each team member passed my resume to each other as they walked into the conference room to meet with me. None of them had reviewed it prior to my arrival. One senior-level team member asked me to choose which job I could see myself in, neither of which was the job I was there to meet about! It was a complete circus and a waste of everyone's time. No one was appropriately briefed on the scope or scale of what HR was looking for. I never received a follow-up from HR, but the experience was so bizarre, I'm certainly not pressing for answers. It is a total indication of the interdepartmental breakdowns this organization needs to iron out to move forward.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was reached by a recruiter within one week. The entire process consisted of one initial phone screening & an in-person interview with several members of the account management team, including the director of project management. The in-person interview process took about two hours, and I was given a full-time offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This position did not allow for salary negotiation

Global Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Met with three of the team members who interviewed me after an initial phone interview. The team seemed very small through the interview process yet I knew this not to be true. I never was interviewed by any specific Director. There was no negotiation process or details into the exact role. It was very hard to determine how success would be measured and even harder to pin-point how I would interact with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Very nice and professional. Had some major issues using Skype though.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for an internship in February, and didn't hear back until April about a potential interview. After the in person interview I was notified mid-May over the phone that I did not get the position. The copywriter, Art Director, and HR Director that I interviewed with were all very nice, but the interview process overall was unorganized.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Terrible interview management. Relatively quick turnaround between application and initial phone interview. Scheduled in-person interview with three different people, but the primary interviewer was changed day-of, and the secondary one was changed the hour-of, so she had no idea who I was or what I was interviewing for. Had to re-schedule an interview with the original secondary interviewer for few weeks later. Was told I would hear back by the end of the next week but it took another 2.5 before I got my rejection. The whole process took about 2.5 months, and I spoke to 6 people on 3 different occasions...all for a 12-week internship program. NOT WORTH IT. Another friend applied for an internship with them and had the same experience -- 2.5 months of interviewing only to be told (the week before graduating) they had too many qualified applicants and couldn't bring them on.