The Wunderman Network Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Extremely poor experience. An employee at Wunderman informed my current employer (at the time) that I had applied for the job, despite listing the company as do-not-contact.

Unethical and turned out to be seriously problematic for me.

Additionally... The head of HR forgot our agreed-upon meeting time for the phone screening. Key members of the strategy team failed to turn up to the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in strategy? What was one project where you directed strategy?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. There was a phone screen with the recruiter and then an onsite interview with two people. Overall, it was a great experience. The recruiting team was very communicative, and the process went smoothly.

Email Dev Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

One interview with three people. Showed me printed out examples of psd's and asked me how I would code them (broad overview of tables). People left one at a time until I was just with one person and he asked me some questions to make me think. Riddle type questions.

Senior Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Wunderman Network (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with HR, followed by four interviews with various team members working on a specific account that totaled over three hours. Each team member passed my resume to each other as they walked into the conference room to meet with me. None of them had reviewed it prior to my arrival.

One senior-level team member asked me to choose which job I could see myself in, neither of which was the job I was there to meet about! It was a complete circus and a waste of everyone's time. No one was appropriately briefed on the scope or scale of what HR was looking for.

I never received a follow-up from HR, but the experience was so bizarre, I'm certainly not pressing for answers. It is a total indication of the interdepartmental breakdowns this organization needs to iron out to move forward.

Global Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Met with three of the team members who interviewed me after an initial phone interview. The team seemed very small through the interview process yet I knew this not to be true. I never was interviewed by any specific Director. There was no negotiation process or details into the exact role. It was very hard to determine how success would be measured and even harder to pin-point how I would interact with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Interview

Very nice and professional. Had some major issues using Skype though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Terrible interview management. Relatively quick turnaround between application and initial phone interview. Scheduled in-person interview with three different people, but the primary interviewer was changed day-of, and the secondary one was changed the hour-of, so she had no idea who I was or what I was interviewing for. Had to re-schedule an interview with the original secondary interviewer for few weeks later. Was told I would hear back by the end of the next week but it took another 2.5 before I got my rejection. The whole process took about 2.5 months, and I spoke to 6 people on 3 different occasions...all for a 12-week internship program. NOT WORTH IT.

Another friend applied for an internship with them and had the same experience -- 2.5 months of interviewing only to be told (the week before graduating) they had too many qualified applicants and couldn't bring them on.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Wunderman Network (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for an internship in February, and didn't hear back until April about a potential interview. After the in person interview I was notified mid-May over the phone that I did not get the position. The copywriter, Art Director, and HR Director that I interviewed with were all very nice, but the interview process overall was unorganized.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews entailing the HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers of the hiring manager. Since a Wunderman is a network of sub agencies, the interviewers were not always part of Wunderman but part of the Wunderman network. The process took 3.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to my knowledge and fit to the role   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Incredibly long, HR contact lead me to believe she would be setting up the next interview with hiring manager and she never returned my calls or let me know if they changed their minds after repeated attempts.