The Wunderman Network

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Wunderman Network in April 2014.

Terrible interview management. Relatively quick turnaround between application and initial phone interview. Scheduled in-person interview with three different people, but the primary interviewer was changed day-of, and the secondary one was changed the hour-of, so she had no idea who I was or what I was interviewing for. Had to re-schedule an interview with the original secondary interviewer for few weeks later. Was told I would hear back by the end of the next week but it took another 2.5 before I got my rejection. The whole process took about 2.5 months, and I spoke to 6 people on 3 different occasions...all for a 12-week internship program. NOT WORTH IT.

Another friend applied for an internship with them and had the same experience -- 2.5 months of interviewing only to be told (the week before graduating) they had too many qualified applicants and couldn't bring them on.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Wunderman Network in April 2014.

I applied for an internship in February, and didn't hear back until April about a potential interview. After the in person interview I was notified mid-May over the phone that I did not get the position. The copywriter, Art Director, and HR Director that I interviewed with were all very nice, but the interview process overall was unorganized.

Senior Account Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Wunderman Network.

The interview process was clear, except I was not informed the position was contract... even though HR presented me with FTE benefits. After joining, I learned that apparently it was standard not to tell prospective hires that the gigs were contract, until the offer was made. Office and culture seemed nice, energetic.

Interview Questions
    • HR lead told me that she didn't like being pressured when I shared that I was trying to secure their timing, which I asked because I'd received another offer.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Quick and to the point.

Brtief and satistfactorty.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Wunderman Network.

Initially, the interview process was very pleasant/standard. I was contacted by HR to interview for a position on the Xbox team. Upon arriving, I was told I was actually interviewing for a position on T-Mobile. I completed the interview and received very positive feedback. I followed up with HR to address the account assignment confusion, to which the HR contact invited me back for a second round of interviews with the Xbox team. Again, when I arrived, I was told I would be interviewing with the T-Mobile account director. The interview went very well, I received immediate positive feedback from the director. I followed up with a thank you note to everyone included in the process. The response? Nothing. Never heard a word back from HR, nor anyone on the team. It's now been over 6 weeks, and I've found a position with a better and more organized company. I was not impressed with the internal confusion and mismangement of my interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very standard and predictable. Interview format was more conversational.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Wunderman Network in October 2013.

After a phone interview I was asked to go in for in-person interview. I was supposed to meet with 4 people that day: one who would be my supervisor, then the account lead, third was a project manager and fourth another account person. The first few interviews went well, nothing unexpected. Then the fourth person never showed up to meet with me (they forgot). The HR person apologized and said they'd follow up with me in a few days. A week later I checked in, they said they were still deliberating and should know in a few days. Never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • This wasn't unexpected but I was asked about it several times as it sounded like this situation happened often: Tell me about a time when you've had to say "no" to a Client? or How do you handle difficult/demanding Clients?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Wunderman Network in December 2012.

HR reached out after I contacted for numerous informational interviews and an internal referral. Interviewed with about 4 people before process complete. After interview process was complete, however, I had to follow up numerous times with HR regarding the final decision. Timelines were inaccurate and communication on such was poor.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions - mostly conversational interview   Answer Question
    There was no mention that this was a contract to hire position before they made the offer. I will always ask this now going into interviews and recommend you do the same.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at The Wunderman Network.

I met with 2 team members on different days. One was the hiring manager and another was a potential colleague. When I didn't hear back when I was supposed to I emailed HR and was told that they were still interviewing candidates and I would be notified once a decision was made. After more than a week of not hearing back I contacted HR again. This time I was told that the team went with a different candidate. I get the impression if I hadn't followed up again I wouldn't have received any information.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. The interviews covered the position and my experience.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Wunderman Network in January 2010.

They were pleasant and thorough.

Tricky

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Wunderman Network in January 2010.

In person interview after a one hour phone interview with recruiter and a 1 hr. in person interview with another internal recruiter. Candidates were paired with 2 interviewers at a time, over 3 separate 1 hour interviews. Questions around handling stressful situations with clients, what keeps you up at night, what are your greatest strengths, greatest weaknesses, how do you interact with your creative team, what do you perceive this client's greatest challenge to be.