The Zappos Family

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter then phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview that lasted 7 hours and included about 12 different interviewers. I was completely exhausted afterwards! Got LOTS of repeat questions, many interviewers were visibly unprepared. Also, be aware that if you're interviewed by some of the 'high-tech' employees they will not make eye contact with you, stare at their laptops during the interview and act like they're not listening. I found this incredibly rude & unprofessional, but I'm not sure if this was a 'test' or not, but I acted like it didn’t bother me and went out of my way to use the guy's name when addressing my answer back to him to get him to look up at me. They direct billed my flight, hotel, hotel breakfast & fed me lunch, but I had to pick up the tab for two dinners & airport parking! Way to cheap out on me Zappos!

Interview Question – Lots of 'odd-ball' questions, so be ready for things like; "If you could have dinner with one famus person, living or dead, who would it be and why?", "What is the geekiest thing about you and why?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was for a 30% pay cut than what I am currently making! I told the recruiter what I was making on during our first call and was told that was 'within rage' of the position. Then the day before my on-site interview, I was told I was being considered for a 2nd position. I ended up being offered the 2nd position, which was 30% less than what I was making. I voiced my confusion to the recruiter, and she said "well the original position you applied for was within range." I was horribly disappointed by this - having taken a whole day off work for an onsite interview, waited for 3 weeks for a call-back and then being insulted by an offer that was less that what my starting salary was right out of college seven years ago.
Shame on you Zappos for waisting my time and your time!

Interviewed at The Zappos Family

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is quite lengthy. Almost two months after I first applied for the position, I was asked to take a virtual interview. There were only four questions and the ones asked were somewhat ridiculous and had little to do with the job for which I had applied.

Interview Question – Tell us something amusing about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Zappos Family

Interview Details – Zappos takes an exceptionally long time getting through the interview process. It is usually a month in between each step of the application process.

Interview Question – How are you weird?   Answer Question

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!