The Zappos Family Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then received an email to complete the video interview. The next stage was a culture fit phone interview with the recruiter. Next I had a phone interview with my potential manager. After that I skyped with two potential team members. Then I was asked to compete a skills test in excel. After all that they offered to fly me out to their headquarters in Las Vegas for an all-day interview (Zappos paid for all my transportation and lodging, it was so great)! While there I took a tour of the office, had another culture fit interview with another recruiter. I also had 2 other interviews with potential co-workers. Two people from my department took me out to lunch and gave me the scoop on what it is like to work there. I then had an interview with a colleague who held similar responsibilities to the role I was interviewing for. Then I met with my manager and the 2 team members I skyped with previously. It was a full, busy, magical day. A few days later I was asked for information to complete a background check, and after it cleared they made me a final offer.

Interview Questions

• You're shrunk to the size of a nickel and thrown in a blender. The blades are going to star spinning in 60 seconds. What do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview that lasted 7 hours and included about 12 different interviewers. I was completely exhausted afterwards! Got LOTS of repeat questions, many interviewers were visibly unprepared. Also, be aware that if you're interviewed by some of the 'high-tech' employees they will not make eye contact with you, stare at their laptops during the interview and act like they're not listening. I found this incredibly rude & unprofessional, but I'm not sure if this was a 'test' or not, but I acted like it didn’t bother me and went out of my way to use the guy's name when addressing my answer back to him to get him to look up at me. They direct billed my flight, hotel, hotel breakfast & fed me lunch, but I had to pick up the tab for two dinners & airport parking! Way to cheap out on me Zappos!

Interview Questions

• Lots of 'odd-ball' questions, so be ready for things like; "If you could have dinner with one famus person, living or dead, who would it be and why?", "What is the geekiest thing about you and why?"   Answer Question

Offer was for a 30% pay cut than what I am currently making! I told the recruiter what I was making on during our first call and was told that was 'within rage' of the position. Then the day before my on-site interview, I was told I was being considered for a 2nd position. I ended up being offered the 2nd position, which was 30% less than what I was making. I voiced my confusion to the recruiter, and she said "well the original position you applied for was within range." I was horribly disappointed by this - having taken a whole day off work for an onsite interview, waited for 3 weeks for a call-back and then being insulted by an offer that was less that what my starting salary was right out of college seven years ago.
    Shame on you Zappos for waisting my time and your time!

Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is quite lengthy. Almost two months after I first applied for the position, I was asked to take a virtual interview. There were only four questions and the ones asked were somewhat ridiculous and had little to do with the job for which I had applied.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Zappos takes an exceptionally long time getting through the interview process. It is usually a month in between each step of the application process.