The Zappos Family Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

I signed up on the zappos website to be an "insider" and right away was contacted to come to a nice cream social at the zappos hq. I posted my resume and a video cover letter on the website and went to the party to network a bit. Within a week I had received 3 emails regarding positions that they were filling and process of interviews. I did a virtual interview, a skills test, grammar test, and typing test from home. I got an email the next morning to schedule an interview. I had 2 in person interviews. One with an hr rep, one with a clt recruiter / hiring mgr. I did a mock order and answered questions about my background and work history in the first, and answered creative culture based questions in the second. All in all it was a fun process and they respond quickly. I would 100% do it again and would encourage anyone to apply.

Interview Questions
No negotiation at all. Accept or they'll give the spot to one of the other 60 candidates

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2012.

There was much back and forth through email, and the responses were within hours. I was asked questions that were more related to my life than my work history like what my favorite super hero is and why.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Who is your favorite super hero and why?"   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in June 2013.

Step one. Basic fill out job vite simple application (did NOT do video cover letter, actually had no cover letter at all)
    Step two. Fill out even more information about myself and add some wacky questions
    Step three. Take a typing test, needed 20wpm 85% accuracy aced that.
    Step four. Write a letter to Tony Hsieh and answer recorded 60 second video interview questions
    Step five. Typing skills test IN HOUSE
    Step six. Interview with recruiting manager
    Step seven. Interview with customer loyalty team hiring manager/human resources (not too sure)
    Step eight... If you make it that far, background check
    Step nine. TRAINING

very simple, IF you meet and know zappos culture and are willing to fulfill being a part of the active zappos body... If not, you aren't getting the job! (Zappos employees are like snowflakes) no two are alike.

Notes: dress yourself... NO SUIT AND TIE OR LITTLE BUSINESS WEAR.
    Be yourself and own it, don't be cocky because they don't like that
    If you aren't hired, don't be be bitter... It's like a relationship, if you weren't good for Zappos they probably weren't good for you either.

Interview Questions
    • If you could throw a parade of any caliber through the Zappos office what type of parade would it be?   View Answers (26)
    No negotiations, you either want it or you don't

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Zappos Family in August 2013.

The entire interview process took about 2 weeks. I submitted my application, next day received 4 emails for online test and virtual interview, went in for 8 question test, went in for face to face interview with 3 people and another online test.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have lunch with to people who would they be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2011.

It takes a long time to go through the hiring process. In my experience I applied online, was contacted about two months later for a phone interview, then another phone interview, then flew to Nevada for a face-to face interview. Zappos as a company overall pays lower than their industry peers, but the customer service rep position actually pays a bit more than other similar call center jobs in Las Vegas. The interview process is fun because they take the pressure off. It's more like talking with friends, and they can ask some crazy questions. The biggest advice I would give would be to be yourself. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation. They give you a contract detailing the requirements of the job, the pay, and explaining how the different shifts work and how shift bids work every few months. Basically, your'e signing saying that you can work any time of day, on any give day - even Christmas.

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!