The Zappos Family Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The initial round is on hackerRank, where you have to code in your desired language and also additional virtual interview where you have to record answers, it is behavioral based and they really filter people based on those videos, to test if you would fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• Q. after you clear those rounds, you get a ticket to Vegas!! YES and oh boyyy... it is fun.. after playing games touring the office and an open BAR!! they take another coding round where there are easy questions if you did the HackerRank test on your own! and then next day two rounds of interview, one is technical and other HR. in technical expect basic questions with some white board coding and you really have to crack the behavioral to get into Zappos. It is a fun experience, network and talk to everyone out there, coz that is all they call you there for ....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Applied online, so many "fun" in e-mails and so on, I paid a lot of attention to this process and completed as for me great challenge work (Idea Paper Work) for them. But no in person interview offered. Actually can't guess why my application did not processed further, while during the other interview with another Companies, at this time I can understand my weaknesses

Interview Questions

• What would you bring with you on abandoned island?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I applied online. Within one week they sent me a Hackerrank test and a TakeTheInterview interview. These both had to be completed within a two week time frame. The interview questions consisted of typical, personality, and technical questions. The interview itself wasn't much of a problem.

Interview Questions

• An integer whose base-ten representation consists of only zero and one is called a "zero-one". given an arbitrary integer N, find the smallest "zero-one" integer S which is the multiple of N. (It is mathematically guaranteed that every N has such an S).

Constraint:
      0 < N < 100,000

Sample Input:
      Sample Output:

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

A project asking you to poke around a data set and find any pattern that may make sense to you. The data set is not too large. and a virtual interview asking 9 questions including behavior and basic techniques. You will record a video under its system and you can record it twice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Interview process required a case as well as an online interview which was through an online video chat program.Good concept, but I felt like they couldn't really get to know me personally.

Interview Questions

• The case was an unexpected topic for a company that sells fashion merchandise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Had to take a webcam interview some of which were technical questions. About 25 minutes. Then had to take 4 hour technical test online. 3 questions done through hacker rank. The whole process was about 2-3 weeks. One thing to keep in mind is that Zappos really cares about personality so make sure you seem upbeat and positive in the webcam interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

It is a very long and time consuming process with many different parts and steps. I personally did not like the interview process because majority of the application must be recorded and submitted online. There was very little personal interaction.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

A Challenge and an video interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

Had to submit an application/resume with the option of a video cover letter (which I did!), an online Take the Interview, and an online challenge. Challenges and interviews were fun and different from any other companies hiring process. Received notification that I was a top candidate for a position and flew out to Vegas for final rounds. Best onsite interview I have ever had - meet and greets, challenges, one on one interviews, and meals/happy hours to really get to know the team. Loved the entire visit! Received an offer a week later and accepted right away.

Interview Questions

• Expect fun/innovative questions and technical questions - be yourself and be passionate!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

First step is turning in your resume, (video) cover letter, and any additional materials (portfolio, etc). Following that they had you complete a project on "mind sumo" that related to the position you were applying for. Finally you do a video interview where you record your answers via web cam.

Interview Questions

• What three items would you bring with you to a deserted island?   Answer Question