The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Longer than I expected but such a great experience. I was flown out but it was well worth it. I had 2 phone interviews that were casual and easy going conversations. In person interview was an all day event with lots of tiny group interviews. I also have a one hour culture fit interview where they asked a ton of scenario questions and basic core values questions. Overall everyone was phenomenal and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What's a something weird that you like to do?   1 Answer

CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Online application, grammar test, video interview submission, in-person group interview. All of these processes are used to determine if you are a good personality fit for the culture of the company. It was a very detailed and intense process, but not a difficult one. Definitely worth the time and effort!

Interview Questions

• If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Very long and tedious interview process. I had 2 calls with recruiters and one with team members before an on site. For the onsite I was brought in the night before and the next day was filled with 30 minute interviews with the entire team as well as a couple of "culture fit" interviews with recruiters.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was typical. Did a virtual interview at first, if your personality shines through you then do an assessment and schedule an interview when contacted. You then tour the Zappos facility with others and do a group interview and a 1on1 interview with someone in the HR department. The whole process was very quick and the experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Which Zappos core value do you agree with most? Why did you quit your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

What a unique process! Most companies have you send them a resume and then maybe an interview but Zappos wants to make sure you're a good fit with them.The first thing you'll see is the unique questions on the resume/submit interest form.Questions like: "what's you favorite song"and "if you could invite 2 people from any point in time, real or imaginary to dinner, who would it be any why" find their way on the form along with your more typical questions. Then you have an assessment test, a webcam interview, and , if all goes well, an in person interview! Even the interview has some unique questions as well to engage you personally. It was really refreshing to me to see a company engage their potential new hires rather than just having them sell themselves like a car. It takes longer to go through the hiring process than with other companies, so be prepared for that. Overall, a GREAT experience!

Interview Questions

• If a parade went by your desk and you were on a call with a customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online from a link on Facebook from a friends post. Quick online application then you get an e-mail about three different online applications to finish and complete. The first one was normal questions about history and what not with questions like "If you could bring 2 people from the past or present to lunch who would it be and why?" then the last part of the online application was a video interview where you are asked 4 questions and you are recorded to tell your answer.

Interview Questions

• Some of the online video questions were. Tell us about yourself. why are you interested in Zappos? what did you find out about us when you googled Zappos, and what is one of our CORE VALUES?   Answer Question

Security Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

- Technical Interviews on the phone (more than once) - My second interview on the phone was a web connection at the same time and I was asked questions while looking at the interviewer screen for questions about technical stuff. - Interview in person with all / most of the team members you will be working with to make sure that you fit in the team. Personality is very important to Zappos. - Company Tour

Interview Questions

• - Questions about experience - Education - Certifications -Some technical questions - Personality questions like: How lucky you are? what super hero would you like to be?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen. Kind of disappointed there were no "weird" questions. I had heard they don't hire anybody over 35 so I wasn't expecting much. Sure enough, I got a call that I was "too experienced" for the role.

Interview Questions

• Q. How woud you evaluate an outside supplier's information security as is required by PCI DSS 3.0?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

All electronic. Nothing personal. Timed tests to complete and return. When I questioned them on the phone about something I discovered in the test (an error), they put me on hold, then came back with the wrong answer upon which I was to base my answers. This, in turn, made several of my answers incorrect. Since determination of correct answers was done by a computer, I then had to follow up by phone and once again point out the errors on their part causing the subsequent errors on my part. Talk about wasting time, going in circles and making a bad impression by having to tell them of their error. They don't get back to you with any results so that YOU can learn from what they wanted. Very one sided. Not impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Just electronic tests and interaction. Way too impersonal.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Honestly the most non-sense and time-wasting interview experience. From the initial contact it took more than 2 months to move to the last final interview, and in between they make you jump through all the ridiculous hoops(IIRC more than 5 written tests, assessments, phone, and video call "intervierws") and making you answer questions largely unrelated to skills or past team experiences at all, claiming that they are trying to figure out the ever-mysterious and vague "cultural fit" part. For the very few questions that are related to skills or technical knowledge, they are like jokes. From the interactions with interviewers over the course, they seemed to be uninterested and disengaged in the conversations, and worse yet, did not have in-depth domain knowledge or maturity level you'd expect from your immediate management.