The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Very long and tedious interview process. I had 2 calls with recruiters and one with team members before an on site. For the onsite I was brought in the night before and the next day was filled with 30 minute interviews with the entire team as well as a couple of "culture fit" interviews with recruiters.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen. Kind of disappointed there were no "weird" questions. I had heard they don't hire anybody over 35 so I wasn't expecting much. Sure enough, I got a call that I was "too experienced" for the role.

Interview Questions

• Q. How woud you evaluate an outside supplier's information security as is required by PCI DSS 3.0?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

What a unique process! Most companies have you send them a resume and then maybe an interview but Zappos wants to make sure you're a good fit with them.The first thing you'll see is the unique questions on the resume/submit interest form.Questions like: "what's you favorite song"and "if you could invite 2 people from any point in time, real or imaginary to dinner, who would it be any why" find their way on the form along with your more typical questions. Then you have an assessment test, a webcam interview, and , if all goes well, an in person interview! Even the interview has some unique questions as well to engage you personally. It was really refreshing to me to see a company engage their potential new hires rather than just having them sell themselves like a car. It takes longer to go through the hiring process than with other companies, so be prepared for that. Overall, a GREAT experience!

Interview Questions

• If a parade went by your desk and you were on a call with a customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online from a link on Facebook from a friends post. Quick online application then you get an e-mail about three different online applications to finish and complete. The first one was normal questions about history and what not with questions like "If you could bring 2 people from the past or present to lunch who would it be and why?" then the last part of the online application was a video interview where you are asked 4 questions and you are recorded to tell your answer.

Interview Questions

• Some of the online video questions were. Tell us about yourself. why are you interested in Zappos? what did you find out about us when you googled Zappos, and what is one of our CORE VALUES?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

All electronic. Nothing personal. Timed tests to complete and return. When I questioned them on the phone about something I discovered in the test (an error), they put me on hold, then came back with the wrong answer upon which I was to base my answers. This, in turn, made several of my answers incorrect. Since determination of correct answers was done by a computer, I then had to follow up by phone and once again point out the errors on their part causing the subsequent errors on my part. Talk about wasting time, going in circles and making a bad impression by having to tell them of their error. They don't get back to you with any results so that YOU can learn from what they wanted. Very one sided. Not impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Just electronic tests and interaction. Way too impersonal.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Honestly the most non-sense and time-wasting interview experience. From the initial contact it took more than 2 months to move to the last final interview, and in between they make you jump through all the ridiculous hoops(IIRC more than 5 written tests, assessments, phone, and video call "intervierws") and making you answer questions largely unrelated to skills or past team experiences at all, claiming that they are trying to figure out the ever-mysterious and vague "cultural fit" part. For the very few questions that are related to skills or technical knowledge, they are like jokes. From the interactions with interviewers over the course, they seemed to be uninterested and disengaged in the conversations, and worse yet, did not have in-depth domain knowledge or maturity level you'd expect from your immediate management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online(didn't becomes an insider). Took about a week until I was asked to take 3 assessments(call center simulation, knowledge assessment and personality assessment). Maybe a week and a half later I was asked to do a video interview with 4 questions. After that, maybe a few days, they asked to schedule a Skype interview with the recruiter and another manager. It took place yesterday (about 2 weeks later) and I was offered the position today...contingent upon a background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions

• We frequently have parades going on in the call center...if you had to start a parade what kind would it be and how would you get people to join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then became an insider. After that I had to do a video interview and a few online tests (typing skills, etc.) Then I got an actual interview. It was an amazing process. I felt extremely comfortable and it was the first interview I could be myself in.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you made in a previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you had to have a parade In the office, what would the theme be ?   Answer Question

CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in-depth with a recorded video interview, a written application with both basic and off the wall questions (your theme song, etc,). Then after a typing test and basic computer knowledge test, I was called in for an in-person interview. I wore jeans and felt comfortable. A group of 6 of us were given a tour and then taken in for one on one interviews. It was a very stress-free interview and it didn't take long for me to feel like I was chatting with friends.

Interview Questions

• What is a weird fact about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but very fun. It started out with the application then I had a online interview which was only 3 questions. From there I had a grammar and math test. Finally, I got a 1:1 interview. During the 1:1 interview I was very relaxed because the interviewers made it that way. They asked a lot of questions that I have never been asked during an interview. They made it very fun and it was more like a conversation than anything.

Interview Questions

• What is something weird that makes you happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.