The Zappos Family

136 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted my resumé, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as an online Sumo challenge. After reviewing my application, I moved on to the next round, where Zappos flew out the candidates to Las Vegas to interview for two days. The first day was spent doing activities and meeting Zappos employees and the second day was interview day. You could interview with one or more teams, in addition to having a culture interview, so a total of two or more interviews. After interviewing, Zappos flew us back home. About a week and a half later, we heard back if we had received an offer. The whole process was awesome and really on-par with the Zappos culture. Zappos really wants to make sure their employees and interns are culture fits, while still have the work hard, play hard mentality. If you're looking for a stiff, corporate atmosphere in a cubicle setting, Zappos isn't the place for you (but who really wants that?). Overall, it was a great experience!

Interview Question – What two things would you bring if you were on a deserted island?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Customer Loyalty Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – I signed up on the zappos website to be an "insider" and right away was contacted to come to a nice cream social at the zappos hq. I posted my resume and a video cover letter on the website and went to the party to network a bit. Within a week I had received 3 emails regarding positions that they were filling and process of interviews. I did a virtual interview, a skills test, grammar test, and typing test from home. I got an email the next morning to schedule an interview. I had 2 in person interviews. One with an hr rep, one with a clt recruiter / hiring mgr. I did a mock order and answered questions about my background and work history in the first, and answered creative culture based questions in the second. All in all it was a fun process and they respond quickly. I would 100% do it again and would encourage anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Accept or they'll give the spot to one of the other 60 candidates

Summer Interview

Summer
Las Vegas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in January 2013.

Interview Details – Several stages including online questionnaire, video submission via online portal, skype interview, in-person interview
Interviewer was extremely young and the company looks for very specific people that match their corporate culture
May not be the best place to work if you need structure and supervision, but it's a lot of fun (so it seems from what I could gauge)

Interview Question – Lots of quirky questions such as "if you could be a ___ what would you be and why"   Answer Question

SAP ABAP/Java Developer Interview

SAP ABAP/Java Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in April 2014.

Interview Details – The overall process took two months. It consisted of submission of a written resume online, phone interview, virtual interview, technical phone interview, and last but not least a trip to the campus to hang out and be interview by my team. They have since changed the hiring process slightly. Everyone was very nice and friendly during the interview. One word of advice I can give to anyone applying for a job at Zappos is be yourself! Let your personality and passion for your craft do the talking and you'll be just fine!

Interview Question – If you could have lunch with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very clear about what the positions pays in advance so you're aware of what might be the outcome if offered a position. There was no negotiating.

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Customer Loyalty Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2014.

Interview Details – At first the interview processed seemed different and fun, very much focused on culture. You actually take a few easy tests and then they uniquely ask you to self interview on cam answering five questions. They seemed to seriously consider me as a candidate being that I was a referral of someone else already employed there. However, I am out of state, and oddly enough for a company ahead of the curve such as Zappos, they were not open to an online Skype interview to make up for the long distance. Unable to fly down to interview, they immediately closed off my application abruptly. It was a bit odd being that they use quite a bit of technology in the hiring process, and make you "CAM" interview yourself, its a little hard to believe that an out of state Skype interview would be out of the question.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely pleasant with great communication through the entire process. After my initial application, I had to complete a detailed formal application, webcam interview and then a cultural fit phone interview. You can check the site to see your progress. You really need to do your homework as they question you on their core values. I felt the interviews went well so I'm not really sure why I didn't make it past the cultural fit interview. I wish they would have told me why rather than just that the other candidates were a stronger match.

Interview Question – If you were a superhero, who would you be and why? If you could have lunch with 2 famous people, current or past, who would it be and why?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at The Zappos Family

Interview Details – Be honest and be yourself. No BS! Zappos hires based on core values so you cant or shouldnt prepare for that. If the whole team is interviewing you thats a good sign, but they will all have to like you and think you will fit on the team. Honestly. its a win win. Most candidates arent a fit but if you are someone that wants to work there and they want to hire you, they will.. If you dont get the job you probably wouldnthave been a fit for the role and the team. Keep trying.

Interview Question – If you were a superhero what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cant recall

Finance Interview

Finance
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – Hr interview is 100% culture focused. It is a very important part of the entire interview process. Without passing the culture interview, no matter how strong you are technically, you won't get the job.

Interview Question – Which superhero do you want to be?   View Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2013.

Interview Details – My interviews were fun and I had a happy hour at the end of the process. I had an answer pretty quickly and in the most unique way. I'd tell you how, but I'd hate to spoil the fun!

Interview Question – I got asked many weird questions but can't think of one specifically to call out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. The terms were set.

Software Engineering College Intern Interview

Software Engineering College Intern

I applied online and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – The first round was programming challenge and online interview. The online interview had behavioral and few technical questions. Programming challenge was good. I enjoyed it.
I was selected for the second round for which I was supposed to visit there HQ for two days but I couldn't because I had an exam. So, instead skype interview was scheduled. It was with the development manager and he was nice and very friendly. He asked both behavioral and technical questions. Some programming questions also.
I'm waiting for the response.

Interview Question – I think all the questions were pretty straight forward. If you have good knowledge of the language you choose then you will be okay.   Answer Question

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!