The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online(didn't becomes an insider). Took about a week until I was asked to take 3 assessments(call center simulation, knowledge assessment and personality assessment). Maybe a week and a half later I was asked to do a video interview with 4 questions. After that, maybe a few days, they asked to schedule a Skype interview with the recruiter and another manager. It took place yesterday (about 2 weeks later) and I was offered the position today...contingent upon a background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions

• We frequently have parades going on in the call center...if you had to start a parade what kind would it be and how would you get people to join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

CLT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then became an insider. After that I had to do a video interview and a few online tests (typing skills, etc.) Then I got an actual interview. It was an amazing process. I felt extremely comfortable and it was the first interview I could be myself in.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you made in a previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you had to have a parade In the office, what would the theme be ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but very fun. It started out with the application then I had a online interview which was only 3 questions. From there I had a grammar and math test. Finally, I got a 1:1 interview. During the 1:1 interview I was very relaxed because the interviewers made it that way. They asked a lot of questions that I have never been asked during an interview. They made it very fun and it was more like a conversation than anything.

Interview Questions

• What is something weird that makes you happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Lots of steps! Online application, video interview, math/comprehension test. Finally an in person interview! This took about 4 weeks total. Loved my recruiting team, they made me feel comfortable and we shared a lot of laughs. Didn't feel like an interview at all. Lots of questions that require quick thinking and a zappos.com navigation "test". Got an offer on the spot and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• If you could put together a parade, what would your theme be?   Answer Question

CLT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in-depth with a recorded video interview, a written application with both basic and off the wall questions (your theme song, etc,). Then after a typing test and basic computer knowledge test, I was called in for an in-person interview. I wore jeans and felt comfortable. A group of 6 of us were given a tour and then taken in for one on one interviews. It was a very stress-free interview and it didn't take long for me to feel like I was chatting with friends.

Interview Questions

• What is a weird fact about yourself?   1 Answer

CLT (Customer Loyalty Team) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

By far the most unique interview process I have even taken part of. It was very eye opening and fun, prepares you for how this company works. be yourself and you'll be set.

Interview Questions

• "When you walk into a room and a song played, what would be your theme song?"   1 Answer

Catalog Exceptions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good! Went through three interviews, the final being about 4 hours long with several different people. Very peculiar process, with curve-ball questions that you wouldn't know what was coming. The best way to prepare for this is to just be yourself and be honest

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Zappos fly the intern candidate go Vegas for a two-day on-site interview. There are 3 rounds: a technical challenge round that I was asked to code on my own laptop, an interview with HR about behavior and motivation questions, and a technical round that I was asked to code on white board to solve algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• Longest palindrome that is a substring of a given string   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

the video interview which includes self introduction, the basic skills for user research, and some questions about your trait. Since it is an interview that just like a Video record and you should response it in one minute, I just feel nervous for that

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The initial round is on hackerRank, where you have to code in your desired language and also additional virtual interview where you have to record answers, it is behavioral based and they really filter people based on those videos, to test if you would fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• Q. after you clear those rounds, you get a ticket to Vegas!! YES and oh boyyy... it is fun.. after playing games touring the office and an open BAR!! they take another coding round where there are easy questions if you did the HackerRank test on your own! and then next day two rounds of interview, one is technical and other HR. in technical expect basic questions with some white board coding and you really have to crack the behavioral to get into Zappos. It is a fun experience, network and talk to everyone out there, coz that is all they call you there for ....   Answer Question