The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in-depth with a recorded video interview, a written application with both basic and off the wall questions (your theme song, etc,). Then after a typing test and basic computer knowledge test, I was called in for an in-person interview. I wore jeans and felt comfortable. A group of 6 of us were given a tour and then taken in for one on one interviews. It was a very stress-free interview and it didn't take long for me to feel like I was chatting with friends.

Interview Questions

• What is a weird fact about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but very fun. It started out with the application then I had a online interview which was only 3 questions. From there I had a grammar and math test. Finally, I got a 1:1 interview. During the 1:1 interview I was very relaxed because the interviewers made it that way. They asked a lot of questions that I have never been asked during an interview. They made it very fun and it was more like a conversation than anything.

Interview Questions

• What is something weird that makes you happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Lots of steps! Online application, video interview, math/comprehension test. Finally an in person interview! This took about 4 weeks total. Loved my recruiting team, they made me feel comfortable and we shared a lot of laughs. Didn't feel like an interview at all. Lots of questions that require quick thinking and a zappos.com navigation "test". Got an offer on the spot and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• If you could put together a parade, what would your theme be?   Answer Question

CLT (Customer Loyalty Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

By far the most unique interview process I have even taken part of. It was very eye opening and fun, prepares you for how this company works. be yourself and you'll be set.

Interview Questions

• "When you walk into a room and a song played, what would be your theme song?"   1 Answer

Catalog Exceptions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good! Went through three interviews, the final being about 4 hours long with several different people. Very peculiar process, with curve-ball questions that you wouldn't know what was coming. The best way to prepare for this is to just be yourself and be honest

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Zappos fly the intern candidate go Vegas for a two-day on-site interview. There are 3 rounds: a technical challenge round that I was asked to code on my own laptop, an interview with HR about behavior and motivation questions, and a technical round that I was asked to code on white board to solve algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• Longest palindrome that is a substring of a given string   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

the video interview which includes self introduction, the basic skills for user research, and some questions about your trait. Since it is an interview that just like a Video record and you should response it in one minute, I just feel nervous for that

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The initial round is on hackerRank, where you have to code in your desired language and also additional virtual interview where you have to record answers, it is behavioral based and they really filter people based on those videos, to test if you would fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• Q. after you clear those rounds, you get a ticket to Vegas!! YES and oh boyyy... it is fun.. after playing games touring the office and an open BAR!! they take another coding round where there are easy questions if you did the HackerRank test on your own! and then next day two rounds of interview, one is technical and other HR. in technical expect basic questions with some white board coding and you really have to crack the behavioral to get into Zappos. It is a fun experience, network and talk to everyone out there, coz that is all they call you there for ....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically put your information online. If you don't put Customer Loyalty Team as a choice, you will be waiting a long time for contact as that seems to be the real starting point.They have various "mixer" events while you wait where you can meet staff and they can meet you. Seems like a good idea, but if you start asking the "wrong" types of questions like "What do you think of the new managerial style Zappos has added?" You get evasive, nervous answers. I saw one "team member" actually look around to see who was nearby before giving a noncommittal answer. 1984? or KGB about? If selected, you do an online song and dance with multiple testings of typing, grammar, and video interview. Very easy. Next you are asked to set up an interview, which in my case I had to email 3 times to get my recruiter to set a date. Interview day took about 5 hours as there were many, many candidates. Finally got a 2 on 1 interview with HR. Asked scenario and basic other questions. The people were nice, but seemed preprogrammed on what they wanted to hear. Don't worry about your skills, education, background, experiences as none of it matters. They are more interested in who "fits" in their clubhouse. They ignore many wonderful people who would be a great asset to their company based on a short interview and opinion of the H.R. team. The pay offered is ridiculously low. ($11.00 an hour) but in fairness, you can increase it a tiny bit later on. I liked Zappos. They seemed sincere, but lost in direction and focus on some very crucial aspects. They need to pay their people better, have better accountability, and get a more diverse work force rather than this overly narrow corporate culture. You need the strengths of both introverts and extroverts. Being (acting) upbeat all the time is not natural. Nothing is perfect and you should be able to state disagreements or flaws without fear of repercussions. I saw real fear in some of their employees if asked of real opinions. Read the other reviews to get an idea. The cracks are starting to show on this social experiment. Much like sustainability of Tony Hsieh's Downtown projects it will be interesting to see if this survives.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a month. It started with a recruiter call, then another recruiter call, then a hiring panel, then an in person interview. The salary is quite low. I was not expecting a million dollars, but to stay within industry standard would have been more acceptable than 50% of my current salary.

Interview Questions

• What is the title to your biography? What is your favorite core value?   Answer Question