The Zappos Family Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014
142 interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2014.

The hiring process was extremely pleasant with great communication through the entire process. After my initial application, I had to complete a detailed formal application, webcam interview and then a cultural fit phone interview. You can check the site to see your progress. You really need to do your homework as they question you on their core values. I felt the interviews went well so I'm not really sure why I didn't make it past the cultural fit interview. I wish they would have told me why rather than just that the other candidates were a stronger match.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a superhero, who would you be and why? If you could have lunch with 2 famous people, current or past, who would it be and why?   View Answer

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2014.

At first the interview processed seemed different and fun, very much focused on culture. You actually take a few easy tests and then they uniquely ask you to self interview on cam answering five questions. They seemed to seriously consider me as a candidate being that I was a referral of someone else already employed there. However, I am out of state, and oddly enough for a company ahead of the curve such as Zappos, they were not open to an online Skype interview to make up for the long distance. Unable to fly down to interview, they immediately closed off my application abruptly. It was a bit odd being that they use quite a bit of technology in the hiring process, and make you "CAM" interview yourself, its a little hard to believe that an out of state Skype interview would be out of the question.

Marketing Interview

Be honest and be yourself. No BS! Zappos hires based on core values so you cant or shouldnt prepare for that. If the whole team is interviewing you thats a good sign, but they will all have to like you and think you will fit on the team. Honestly. its a win win. Most candidates arent a fit but if you are someone that wants to work there and they want to hire you, they will.. If you dont get the job you probably wouldnthave been a fit for the role and the team. Keep trying.

Cant recall

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Hr interview is 100% culture focused. It is a very important part of the entire interview process. Without passing the culture interview, no matter how strong you are technically, you won't get the job.

Software Engineering College Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The first round was programming challenge and online interview. The online interview had behavioral and few technical questions. Programming challenge was good. I enjoyed it.
    I was selected for the second round for which I was supposed to visit there HQ for two days but I couldn't because I had an exam. So, instead skype interview was scheduled. It was with the development manager and he was nice and very friendly. He asked both behavioral and technical questions. Some programming questions also.
    I'm waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • I think all the questions were pretty straight forward. If you have good knowledge of the language you choose then you will be okay.   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2013.

My interviews were fun and I had a happy hour at the end of the process. I had an answer pretty quickly and in the most unique way. I'd tell you how, but I'd hate to spoil the fun!

Interview Questions
    • I got asked many weird questions but can't think of one specifically to call out.   View Answer
    Easy. The terms were set.

Process Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The interview process was not difficult. There were some unique questions and it was very laid back. Mostly situational questions and a few problem solving questions. There were 3 interviewers total and each asked a series of questions in sequential order. There was a big emphasis on company culture and workplace culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a super hero what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

I had three phone interviews and then was flown out to Vegas. The trip has 2 layovers coming from the east coast- they don’t want to spend the money for a direct flight. The interview process was straight forward, met with lots of team members. They contacted me right away to offer me a DIFFERENT position than what I interviewed for at significantly less money. I was not pleased. I would not have wasted my time flying 10 hours each way for such a paltry offer (lower than I was previously told!), considering the amount of experience I bring to the table- it is buying, not cardiac surgery.

Interview Questions

The company boasts record sales, but want good talent cheap. Also, had reservations about moving all the way to Vegas, considering they have armed policeman stationed at the entrance. What does that really say about the area?

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2010.

Whole Process took about 40 days
    1.Basic telephone Screening
    2.Online coding challenge
    3.Telephonic Technical Interview
    4.Full day of onsite interviews.

All the rounds are easy..onsite interviews test all your skills problem solving,design,algortihms and coding..
    The coding challenge at the very end of your onsite interview process is little challenging because you would be mentally exhausted by then

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The interview process may have changed since I interviewed. It's very informal. You may be asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with retail or the job you're applying for. Be humble, do not try to sell yourself as if you are just the best customer service rep ever. Just be honest and bubbly.

Interview Questions
    • You could be asked, what your theme song would be. You could also be asked, what super hero you would be. And why.   Answer Question