The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Hr interview is 100% culture focused. It is a very important part of the entire interview process. Without passing the culture interview, no matter how strong you are technically, you won't get the job.

Software Engineering College Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The first round was programming challenge and online interview. The online interview had behavioral and few technical questions. Programming challenge was good. I enjoyed it.
    I was selected for the second round for which I was supposed to visit there HQ for two days but I couldn't because I had an exam. So, instead skype interview was scheduled. It was with the development manager and he was nice and very friendly. He asked both behavioral and technical questions. Some programming questions also.
    I'm waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • I think all the questions were pretty straight forward. If you have good knowledge of the language you choose then you will be okay.   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2013.

My interviews were fun and I had a happy hour at the end of the process. I had an answer pretty quickly and in the most unique way. I'd tell you how, but I'd hate to spoil the fun!

Interview Questions
    • I got asked many weird questions but can't think of one specifically to call out.   View Answer
    Easy. The terms were set.

Process Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The interview process was not difficult. There were some unique questions and it was very laid back. Mostly situational questions and a few problem solving questions. There were 3 interviewers total and each asked a series of questions in sequential order. There was a big emphasis on company culture and workplace culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a super hero what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

I had three phone interviews and then was flown out to Vegas. The trip has 2 layovers coming from the east coast- they don’t want to spend the money for a direct flight. The interview process was straight forward, met with lots of team members. They contacted me right away to offer me a DIFFERENT position than what I interviewed for at significantly less money. I was not pleased. I would not have wasted my time flying 10 hours each way for such a paltry offer (lower than I was previously told!), considering the amount of experience I bring to the table- it is buying, not cardiac surgery.

Interview Questions

The company boasts record sales, but want good talent cheap. Also, had reservations about moving all the way to Vegas, considering they have armed policeman stationed at the entrance. What does that really say about the area?

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2010.

Whole Process took about 40 days
    1.Basic telephone Screening
    2.Online coding challenge
    3.Telephonic Technical Interview
    4.Full day of onsite interviews.

All the rounds are easy..onsite interviews test all your skills problem solving,design,algortihms and coding..
    The coding challenge at the very end of your onsite interview process is little challenging because you would be mentally exhausted by then

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The interview process may have changed since I interviewed. It's very informal. You may be asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with retail or the job you're applying for. Be humble, do not try to sell yourself as if you are just the best customer service rep ever. Just be honest and bubbly.

Interview Questions
    • You could be asked, what your theme song would be. You could also be asked, what super hero you would be. And why.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

A Challenge and an video interview

Interview Questions

ZCLT (Customer Loyalty Employee, Aka Call Center/Sales Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2013.

There are many stages to the interview and hiring process. Starting with a skype style interview, followed by testing & 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question asked of me was, "what is your favorite curse word".   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

The interview process was simple until it came to the video interview. The initial interview where they asked questions on paper were a bit misleading at first as they didn't have much to do with the job, but the web interview was very on point. However, I received an email a week after I had submitted my video (and received confirmation that my video was received), saying that since I "had not submitted" my interview, I was removed from the pool of consideration. Even after I emailed several times inquiring as to where my interview might have gone, and offering to resubmit by the next morning (even though I got the email at 10 pm), I was not contacted again.