The Zappos Family

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Customer Loyalty Team Member
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was much back and forth through email, and the responses were within hours. I was asked questions that were more related to my life than my work history like what my favorite super hero is and why.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "Who is your favorite super hero and why?"   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant

Interviewed at The Zappos Family

Interview Details – Online application, 2 phone interviews, and a video interview

Interview Question – What social event would you host for the merchandising team?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at The Zappos Family

Interview Details – Got one online interview and one project after two days of application, the approaching email clearly indicates the Zappos culture- humorous

Interview Question – what are two things you want to have if you are on a desert?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – 1st call HR basic HR related questions
2nd call 24 hr coding test
3rd call Hiring manager interview
4th round - onsite technical interview

Interview Question – Onsite interview   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Brand Marketing Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Interview Details – Getting to the onsite interview was difficult. It required the completion of a marketing challenge, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as normal application documents. The onsite interview was a two day introduction to the company with a jam-packed schedule.

Interview Question – My two interviews were half behavioral and half silly questions.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2014.

Interview Details – Video Interview

Interview Question – After going to thee site what was good and what was bad?   View Answer

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in January 2014.

Interview Details – Month-long interview process included; Initial Application, Video Questionnaire, Initial Phone Screen (cultural fit), 2nd Phone Screen (job related); 3rd Interview via Skype; Very young employee culture where having fun and fitting in is probably more important that delivering value to the company. If you are looking to sit at your desk and get your work done with minimal distractions - this is not the place for you.

Interview Question – If you were an animal, which one would you be?   Answer Question

Technology Project Manager Interview

Technology Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail notification couple days after the application. The e-mail asked me to fill out a questionnaire as the second step. The questions were about my experience as a Technology Project Manager. After the submission of the questionnaire, I received another e-mail and was scheduled to have a phone interview with one of the Technical Recruiters. The interview was for them to see if you fit the culture of the company and to know more about where you came from. After the interview with the Technical Recruiter, I was told that I won't be advanced to the next step but I asked question during the interview and knew that there will be another phone interview with the manager of this position and a homework exercise about project management. After all these, there will be on-site interview.

Interview Question – What is your project management style and philosophy?   Answer Question

FEZ (Front-End Zappos) Internship Interview

FEZ (Front-End Zappos) Internship
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in October 2013.

Interview Details – There were a total of three interviews. The first was to make an easter egg and it can be anything you like. The second was a more technical with my potential manager and two other high up workers on the team. The third interview was about the companies values and asked questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? after you answer, they ask: Why haven't you done it?   Answer Question

Business Development Summer Intern Interview

Business Development Summer Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my University recruiting website. I created a cover letter video to attempt to stand out, and that seemed to work for me. I was then directed to complete an online video interview of 8 rapidfire questions (you get 30 seconds to think and about 1 minute to answer. Then it saves and submits your video). You have to be ready for any question here, things like "If you were stranded on an island and had only 2 things, what would they be?" Also, there is an online case through the website "Mindsumo" that accompanies the hiring process. It will be specific to your position.

From there I was informed that I had received a final interview and they flew me out to Las Vegas. For two days, I met the team that you are applying to be a part of, and I got to know other company members and the Zappos campus. There is a "Culture interview" and a more professional, "position specific interview." I feel like both went very well, the culture interview had some unique personality questions like "if you could be doing anything in the world and money didn't matter, what would it be?"

No offer, but great experience. I knew it was going to be a different interview based on the culture, so I was prepared but it just didn't work out.

Interview Question – "give us 2 ways to use a brick other than for building or as a paperweight."   Answer Question