The Zappos Family

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Interview

Finance
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – Hr interview is 100% culture focused. It is a very important part of the entire interview process. Without passing the culture interview, no matter how strong you are technically, you won't get the job.

Interview Question – Which superhero do you want to be?   View Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2013.

Interview Details – My interviews were fun and I had a happy hour at the end of the process. I had an answer pretty quickly and in the most unique way. I'd tell you how, but I'd hate to spoil the fun!

Interview Question – I got asked many weird questions but can't think of one specifically to call out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. The terms were set.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details – I had three phone interviews and then was flown out to Vegas. The trip has 2 layovers coming from the east coast- they don’t want to spend the money for a direct flight. The interview process was straight forward, met with lots of team members. They contacted me right away to offer me a DIFFERENT position than what I interviewed for at significantly less money. I was not pleased. I would not have wasted my time flying 10 hours each way for such a paltry offer (lower than I was previously told!), considering the amount of experience I bring to the table- it is buying, not cardiac surgery.

Interview Question – No difficult questions...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company boasts record sales, but want good talent cheap. Also, had reservations about moving all the way to Vegas, considering they have armed policeman stationed at the entrance. What does that really say about the area?

Intern Interview

Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview Details – A Challenge and an video interview

Interview Question – challenge was pretty easy   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

ZCLT (Customer Loyalty Employee, Aka Call Center/Sales Representative ) Interview

ZCLT (Customer Loyalty Employee, Aka Call Center/Sales Representative )
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2013.

Interview Details – There are many stages to the interview and hiring process. Starting with a skype style interview, followed by testing & 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked of me was, "what is your favorite curse word".   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Customer Loyalty Team Member
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was much back and forth through email, and the responses were within hours. I was asked questions that were more related to my life than my work history like what my favorite super hero is and why.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "Who is your favorite super hero and why?"   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Brand Marketing Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Interview Details – Getting to the onsite interview was difficult. It required the completion of a marketing challenge, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as normal application documents. The onsite interview was a two day introduction to the company with a jam-packed schedule.

Interview Question – My two interviews were half behavioral and half silly questions.   View Answer

FEZ (Front-End Zappos) Internship Interview

FEZ (Front-End Zappos) Internship
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in October 2013.

Interview Details – There were a total of three interviews. The first was to make an easter egg and it can be anything you like. The second was a more technical with my potential manager and two other high up workers on the team. The third interview was about the companies values and asked questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? after you answer, they ask: Why haven't you done it?   Answer Question

Business Development Summer Intern Interview

Business Development Summer Intern
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my University recruiting website. I created a cover letter video to attempt to stand out, and that seemed to work for me. I was then directed to complete an online video interview of 8 rapidfire questions (you get 30 seconds to think and about 1 minute to answer. Then it saves and submits your video). You have to be ready for any question here, things like "If you were stranded on an island and had only 2 things, what would they be?" Also, there is an online case through the website "Mindsumo" that accompanies the hiring process. It will be specific to your position.

From there I was informed that I had received a final interview and they flew me out to Las Vegas. For two days, I met the team that you are applying to be a part of, and I got to know other company members and the Zappos campus. There is a "Culture interview" and a more professional, "position specific interview." I feel like both went very well, the culture interview had some unique personality questions like "if you could be doing anything in the world and money didn't matter, what would it be?"

No offer, but great experience. I knew it was going to be a different interview based on the culture, so I was prepared but it just didn't work out.

Interview Question – "give us 2 ways to use a brick other than for building or as a paperweight."   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is 50% based on your social/culture behavior, and 50% on previous achievements and skills. Culture is King at Zappos, and if it seems you won't fit in, then they will very politely tell you they are not interested.
Some interview questions are: If you could be a super hero, which one would you be? How lucky are you? If you had to buy Tony shots (Tony is the CEO), what kind of shot would you buy him.

Interview Question – If you had to buy Tony shots (Tony is the CEO), what kind of shot would you buy him.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zappos isn't the highest paying employer in this space. We went back and forth once.
They allowed a counter offer of 8% higher pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Zappos Family

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!

The Zappos Family Videos

The Zappos Family – Why Work for Us?

Why join us? In January 2012, Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries were named #11 on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Find out why: http://www.Fortune.com/BestCompanies. And . . . we’re hiring like crazy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Zappos Family interview questions and advice in Las Vegas, NV. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Zappos Family employees and interview candidates.