The Zappos Family Interview Questions & Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

3.2

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

I applied for the CLT position right before Zappos changed their hiring practices. A friend of a friend sent me a text to tell me the link was up, and I applied online as quickly as possible. The link was gone 30 minutes after I heard about it! Within a few days I got an e-mail informing me that the first step in the process was for me to take two different online assessments. One was a typing test. I think you only had to be able to type 20 wpm. The second test was a grammar assessment. Both were simple and straight forward. The day after I'd taken the tests I got another e-mail letting me know I'd passed. The next step was a face to face interview! I interviewed with two different ladies. One did the "Culture" interview and the other did the "Technical" interview. My culture interview was a normal kind of job interview with a few "Zappos" type of questions. That lasted about 45 minutes. I wold definitely say remember to do your homework on the company before you go! Then it was on to the technical interview. That took place in a small room with a computer. She would give me scenarios and then watch as I used the Zappos website (or google) to find what the customer was looking for. It seemed like they were just checking to make sure you had a general understanding of how to work the internet! :) She also asked me some "What would you do" type of questions related to helping an escalated customer call. (Like a family going on vacation who didn't get their new shoes in time). I have a few friends. Then my interview was over and I was told they would be deciding within the week. I left the interview and went to a movie. When I got out I had an e-mail telling me I'd made it to the next step. The position was mine as long as I passed their employment verification and background checks. That process took about one week. After that I got a call officially offering me the position!

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what you know about Zappos Core Values, if you had to help me plan a fun themed event, what kind of event would it be?

In your previous jobs name a situation where you had an idea that was not well received by your fellow employees.
        Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Emphasis is on cultural fit so please be yourself as they value individuality. Overall interview process took 4 months with an online interview, video interview, several phone interviews and an onsite interview. Interviewers were polite, spunky and asked a lot of questions that revolve around technical experience as well as your work style. Best advice is to be prepared and be yourself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Had to submit an application/resume with the option of a video cover letter (which I did!), an online Take the Interview, and an online challenge. Challenges and interviews were fun and different from any other companies hiring process. Received notification that I was a top candidate for a position and flew out to Vegas for final rounds. Best onsite interview I have ever had - meet and greets, challenges, one on one interviews, and meals/happy hours to really get to know the team. Loved the entire visit! Received an offer a week later and accepted right away.

Interview Questions
    • Expect fun/innovative questions and technical questions - be yourself and be passionate!   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Hr interview is 100% culture focused. It is a very important part of the entire interview process. Without passing the culture interview, no matter how strong you are technically, you won't get the job.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2013.

My interviews were fun and I had a happy hour at the end of the process. I had an answer pretty quickly and in the most unique way. I'd tell you how, but I'd hate to spoil the fun!

Interview Questions
    • I got asked many weird questions but can't think of one specifically to call out.   View Answer
    Easy. The terms were set.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

I had three phone interviews and then was flown out to Vegas. The trip has 2 layovers coming from the east coast- they don’t want to spend the money for a direct flight. The interview process was straight forward, met with lots of team members. They contacted me right away to offer me a DIFFERENT position than what I interviewed for at significantly less money. I was not pleased. I would not have wasted my time flying 10 hours each way for such a paltry offer (lower than I was previously told!), considering the amount of experience I bring to the table- it is buying, not cardiac surgery.

Interview Questions

The company boasts record sales, but want good talent cheap. Also, had reservations about moving all the way to Vegas, considering they have armed policeman stationed at the entrance. What does that really say about the area?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

A Challenge and an video interview

Interview Questions

ZCLT (Customer Loyalty Employee, Aka Call Center/Sales Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2013.

There are many stages to the interview and hiring process. Starting with a skype style interview, followed by testing & 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question asked of me was, "what is your favorite curse word".   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2012.

There was much back and forth through email, and the responses were within hours. I was asked questions that were more related to my life than my work history like what my favorite super hero is and why.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Who is your favorite super hero and why?"   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Zappos Family in November 2013.

Getting to the onsite interview was difficult. It required the completion of a marketing challenge, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as normal application documents. The onsite interview was a two day introduction to the company with a jam-packed schedule.

Interview Questions
    • My two interviews were half behavioral and half silly questions.   View Answer

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!