The Zappos Family
The Zappos Family Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (13)
- Merchandising Assistant (12)
- Customer Loyalty Team Member (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Intern (5)
- Project Manager (4)
- Human Resources (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Customer Loyalty Team (3)
- Technical Recruiter (3)
- IOS Engineer (2)
- Buyer (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Assistant Buyer (2)
- Junior Financial Analyst (2)
- Customer Loyalty Representative (2)
- User Experience (2)
- Merchandise Planning Analyst (2)
- SAP ABAP/Java Developer (1)
- QA Engineer - Performance (1)
- Usability Engineering (1)
- Business Technology Intern (1)
- Fraud Prevention Analyst (1)
- Business Process Coordinator (1)
- Digital Media Coordinator (1)
- Video Content Coordinator (1)
- Merchandising Intern (1)
- Process Manager (1)
- BI Analyst (1)
- Brand Marketing Intern (1)
Marketing Coordinator Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in January 2013.
Interview Details – The steps:
- Applied online
- invited to fill out a LONG application online with silly questions like how lucky are you? Super powers, etc?
-Invited to do a video interview. This is an automatic interview where you are given 5 questions and have 20 seconds to think before speaking to yourself on the camera. I personally hated this and think it is a bit of a rude way to interview people.
-Then was invited for a phone interview with a few hiring managers
-Then was invited to have an interview with a recruiter.
Overall I used to love zappos and was very excited to be given the opportunity to interview for a position at Zappos. Have said that, I did a TON of research on the company and alot of what I read, I was not Impressed with! I read stories that if you do not hang out with people outside of work, you can get fired! The pay is also terrible. They offer hourly pay and the $14 per hour is a joke! I was making that in high school and as an MBA holder, this is a joke!!!
- They also talk about on their blogs and in the zappos book that they encourage growth and promotions from within and try to aim for one every 6 month, however I was told point blank that It would be ATLEAST 3+ years before any promotion and was dismissed when I asked what the growth opportunities are within the position! THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!
Interview Question – Why Marketing? Why should we hire you for this role? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Zappos Family