The Zappos Family

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in January 2013.

Interview Details – The steps:
- Applied online
- invited to fill out a LONG application online with silly questions like how lucky are you? Super powers, etc?
-Invited to do a video interview. This is an automatic interview where you are given 5 questions and have 20 seconds to think before speaking to yourself on the camera. I personally hated this and think it is a bit of a rude way to interview people.
-Then was invited for a phone interview with a few hiring managers
-Then was invited to have an interview with a recruiter.

Overall I used to love zappos and was very excited to be given the opportunity to interview for a position at Zappos. Have said that, I did a TON of research on the company and alot of what I read, I was not Impressed with! I read stories that if you do not hang out with people outside of work, you can get fired! The pay is also terrible. They offer hourly pay and the $14 per hour is a joke! I was making that in high school and as an MBA holder, this is a joke!!!

- They also talk about on their blogs and in the zappos book that they encourage growth and promotions from within and try to aim for one every 6 month, however I was told point blank that It would be ATLEAST 3+ years before any promotion and was dismissed when I asked what the growth opportunities are within the position! THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!

Interview Question – Why Marketing? Why should we hire you for this role?   Answer Question

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!