The Zappos Family

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2010.

Applied for a position and received a e-mail the next day asking to set up a phone interview. I went through hone phone interview with someone from HR then a manager from the department I would be working in. After that I was asked to take an online assessment test and an Excel knowledge test. Passed those, then I was asked to come in for a tour and a full day of interviewing. More testing, another Excel test and was interviewed three times by two people each time then had lunch with the department manager and met a few executives of the company. I was scheduled for one more interview with someone from HR but he "had something come up." I received a e-mail a week later saying they "felt my passion was in merchandising, not merchandise planning" and wouldn't be offering me a position.

Absolutely ridiculous process that took nearly two months and a lot of time to prep for.

Advice: They are all about company culture and their 10 core values. Read their "Delivering Happiness" book and Company Culture book they produce every year to understand what the company is all about. You need advanced knowledge in Excel for just about every position in the company.

Interview Questions
  • In Excel, can you perform the following functions? Concatenate, Vlookup, Texts to Columns, Pivot Table.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2010.

I was relocating which is why the process took so long. I did a basic interview with a recruiter on the phone. That was followed with a phone interview with my direct boss. Then another phone interview with 2 potential team members. They then flew me out for a day at the office. I had to take a basic customer service test (setting up new customer accounts) and then an excel test, specific to my position. This was followed by 3 interviews of 2 people each (for a total of 6 new people I interviewed with that day). It sounds intense, but they make you very comfortable there, even requesting you not wear a suit.

Interview Questions

The culture of the company wasn't a good fit for me, and the salary package wasn't as high as I was expecting.