The Zappos Family Merchandising Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Longer than I expected but such a great experience. I was flown out but it was well worth it. I had 2 phone interviews that were casual and easy going conversations. In person interview was an all day event with lots of tiny group interviews. I also have a one hour culture fit interview where they asked a ton of scenario questions and basic core values questions. Overall everyone was phenomenal and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What's a something weird that you like to do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Interview

Extensive. Application, video cover letter, Merchandising challenge, online interview, flew out to company to interview with specific teams (it varied, but I had 5) and a culture interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• If you stuck on an island and you had to pick two items to have with you...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do it! It's a great experience and you will not regret it.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resumé, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as an online Sumo challenge. After reviewing my application, I moved on to the next round, where Zappos flew out the candidates to Las Vegas to interview for two days. The first day was spent doing activities and meeting Zappos employees and the second day was interview day. You could interview with one or more teams, in addition to having a culture interview, so a total of two or more interviews. After interviewing, Zappos flew us back home. About a week and a half later, we heard back if we had received an offer. The whole process was awesome and really on-par with the Zappos culture. Zappos really wants to make sure their employees and interns are culture fits, while still have the work hard, play hard mentality. If you're looking for a stiff, corporate atmosphere in a cubicle setting, Zappos isn't the place for you (but who really wants that?). Overall, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• What two things would you bring if you were on a deserted island?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview process was simple until it came to the video interview. The initial interview where they asked questions on paper were a bit misleading at first as they didn't have much to do with the job, but the web interview was very on point. However, I received an email a week after I had submitted my video (and received confirmation that my video was received), saying that since I "had not submitted" my interview, I was removed from the pool of consideration. Even after I emailed several times inquiring as to where my interview might have gone, and offering to resubmit by the next morning (even though I got the email at 10 pm), I was not contacted again.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application, 2 phone interviews, and a video interview

Interview Questions

• What social event would you host for the merchandising team?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online, the recruiting team emails you and lets you know you have been selected for the second step which is the video interview, you have a few days to prepare, then you access the video review portal from a separate email link, the video interview is all electronic and there is no live interaction with another person, you are asked to answer about 8-10 questions, you can can practice a few times, then you are recorded and timed, submit your video recorded interview, wait for the recruiter to get back to you via email in a few days to let you know if you are selected or passed on.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to be a lucky person? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2014.

Interview

Video Interview

Interview Questions

• After going to thee site what was good and what was bad?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Everything is handled through Jobvite initially. You apply for the job by answering 6 general questions along with your resume and a cover letter/video. Once prompted, you fill out the actual application which is a bit longer but covers work history, salary history and all of the standard contact and reference information. Along with the application you do a recorded question and answer session using Take The Interview. If you make it past this point, you move on to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a superhero, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Interview process is very long. New interview every other week. Some of the questions they ask are odd and completely unrelated to the job.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

The culture at zappos is key to getting in the door. The first "interview" will be via the Internet and it will be a timed and recorded interview via webcam where they ask you a question, give you a moment to collect your thoughts and then record your answer--once recorded you can not go back and change your answer --I was asked 4 untraditional questions. "Describe your perfect weekend" "what would be your theme song"

Interview Questions

• Which one of their "core values" would be most difficult for you to uphold   Answer Question