BNY Mellon
2.8 of 5 1,136 reviews
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

BNY Mellon Senior Operations Associate Interview Question

I interviewed in Westport, CT and was asked:
"The debatable questions are apparently to see if I was able to form an opinion and back it up with opinions. Instead I found the questions to have nothing to do with the hiring process. I found the interviewers cocky and brainwashed by an outdated Bridgewater philosophy. The questions to be discussed included: 1. Should there be a cap on political contributions 2. Does TV hurt society? 3. Should the personal lives of politicians be brought into a campaign? 4. Should the state lottery systems be public or pricate? There was one other discussion question, but I can not remember it."
Tags: critical thinking, bridgewater, debates
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Senior Operations Associate Interview Review - one of 353 BNY Mellon Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
It seemed that Bridgewater (now BoNY Mellon) has a very specific philosophy on what an employee should be. I found the entire interview process to be a slap in the face of what has so far been a great career. If I was offered a position here I would not accept it.
- Interview Candidate on Sep 27, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.