Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Question (student candidate)

"The first interview has two questions, the first asked me to design an algorithms to draw a spiral with 90 degrees turn. Then second one asked me to design a class to add data to an array and delete data. In the second interview, the first question asked me to design an algorithms to calculate the area of a space. I was given only one function, which return a vector contains spaces that randomly splited, or 1 if if contains only one pieces of space with only 1 unit area; The second question is to define how two binary trees are equal, then write a function to define that."
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Financial Software Developer Interview Review - one of 1,755 Bloomberg L.P. Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes

The two questions in the first interview are straight forward. But the first question in the second interview, I use recursive method, and they told me that I was right. To sum up, I think they are testing whether the interviewees are smart enough rather than knowing a lot of things.

- Interview Candidate on Feb 23, 2014