Interview Question

Marine Hull & Liability, Associate Broker--training for full Brokerage position in this department Interview New York, NY

The interviewer wanted to make sure I was looking for a

long term commitment given that I was looking to leave a firm I had been at for only 3.5 years.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Initially I said, "I'm not a job hopper." to which he answered, "Isn't that what you're doing now?" and I immediately answered "No." The difference here was that while my first job in insurance was the result of me just looking for a job, this time I actually have a career and I'm deciding what I want to do with it; I want self-determination in where I'm going in life and I don't want to make that journey at Marsh for several reasons--the volitility of the company and its leadership, the fact that I was grossly underpaid and had not yet been promoted, and that even if I were to be promoted and paid properly at Marsh I felt drawn to Aon because I believed it was guided by a better corporate philosophy and going in the right direction for the industry. Aon was where I wanted to be.

Interview Candidate on Mar 26, 2009