Intuit
3.7 of 5 1,426 reviews
www.intuit.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Intuit Staff Software Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Mountain View, CA and was asked:
"The most challenging (and interesting) question was about a strategy for finding signal in a noisy and poorly understood data set. Asking a software engineer a data science question really stretches the mental muscles."
Tags: data science
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Staff Software Engineer Interview Review - one of 309 Intuit Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Challenging yes. But not necessarily in a good way. Most software engineers do NOT have the training to properly address this question. It requires a background in "data science" or signal processing. Unless the position interviewed for required these skills/background also, I would say the question was highly inappropriate.
- Ojiisan on Sep 8, 2011 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.