Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12
www.iu12.org New Oxford, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 Personal Care Assistant Interview Question

I interviewed in New Oxford, PA and was asked:
"The most difficult question was relating to parents of special needs children and how to communicate with them effectively. This was difficult without sounding the I was answering as if I were an ideal or perfect world because we all know that it is not."
Tags: behavioral, analytical, iep, special needs
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Personal Care Assistant Interview Review - one of 1 Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
I said I would approach each parent differently just as each child is different. I would make an assesment as to what their preferred style of approach might be. I would then answer their questions and express my concerns according to that style. For example, if it appears that a parent is very laid back I would communicate with them in that manner but if a parent is more "give it to me straight" then I would answer them is the same manner hoping that my information would be received better in the same way they like to communicate.
- Interview Candidate on Oct 29, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 employees and interview candidates.