Ericsson-Worldwide

www.ericsson.com

Ericsson-Worldwide Senior Component Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in San Jose, CA and was asked:
"The most difficulty area to me actually where the designer it seems at the San Jose location it never had a mechanical person in operations just support from the PCB/PCBA (board level) Alot of question related to DFM, CAD / Solid works versus drawings and they wanted to know how I would ensure suppliers built there designs correctly. Actually the interview with the sourcing manager was the easiest they were building assemblies in Mexicon and China but still using USA suppliers for Sheet Metal, cables, and other mechanical parts. Mainly they wanted someone with experience in these countries to source local suppliers."
Tags: battleship company
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Senior Component Engineer Interview Review - one of 465 Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes

I really felt the HR representative was truely trying to fill positions with cross functional candidate to bring in differing way of working such the teams they wanted to build would be balanced. However the internal management didn't work that way after the hire date.

- Interview Candidate on Jul 26, 2012