TheLadders Human Resources Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TheLadders

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

If you're interviewing with TheLadders.com, beware that this is not a company that takes interviews lightly. I started with a brief phone interview with the hiring manager, then came in for two rounds of in-person interviews - each time with 3 or 4 people that I would be working with in the position. I spent a several hours in the offices each visit, and got a ton of information as well as the chance to talk about what I do with many stakeholders. The interviews were mostly relatively informal in style, but did contain substance as each of the interviewers knew what s/he wanted to get out of the conversation.

After both rounds of interviews, I had a breakfast the following week with the hiring manager where we solidified what we were both looking for. I had the offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Given the previous challenges that we've had in the past (which were spelled out), how would you approach the situation to bring new ideas to table?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you've had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you move past it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, as the offer I received was above what I had already said I was looking for. Vacation was unlimited, so there was no negotiation there.

I did attempt to negotiate on title as the one I was offered was a step down from where i had been previously, but there was no room to budge on this issue. All in all it was a fair offer and one that the company could be reasonably sure I would accept - which I ultimately did.