TheLadders

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2014.

Interview Details – At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2014.

Interview Details – Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and four in person interviews with nine different people. After the 3rd round I was given a verbal offer by the recruiter only to be asked to come back in for a 4th round as a formality. Turns out the offer was rescinded after the last interview. If I am not qualified, shouldn't that have been determined early on? I even initially declined the 2nd round after reading the reviews on Glassdoor and they asked that I give them another shot. I am fortunate to have a job but being asked to spend so much time away from the office interviewing without so much as an apology email my time is very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What apps do you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Contract Resume Writer Interview

Contract Resume Writer
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

Interview Details – submitted before and after resume samples

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

Interview Details – Thoughtful and considerate.

Interview Question – Would you like a job other than the one you are actually here to interview for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward.

Community Associate Interview

Community Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in August 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2013.

Interview Details – After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Question – One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview Details – Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Interview Question – How would you describe your writing style?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Career Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

Interview Details – Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in July 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TheLadders

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TheLadders interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by TheLadders employees and interview candidates.