TheLadders Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Frist got a phone screen. The usually JAVA questions asked. Then went down there a few days later for a face to face interview and coding testing. Wrote code for them and did a whiteboard design of an object they wanted.

Interview Questions

• In the face to face they gave written tests. First write the code to find the average length of the words in a string. Next write the code to implement a hash table. Then whiteboard with another person to develop an object which will have a switch and an light bulb and than multiple switches and one light bulb.   1 Answer

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

At first, there was a phone screen with the recruiter. Then in the person round, there were three rounds with four people which included the recruiter, manager, team lead and a colleague too. Each of the rounds lasted about half an hour each. It was pretty smooth and the decision was made in a day.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had by the far the best experience I have every had interviewing and being on-boarded with TheLadders. Throughout the entire process the team was transparent and very clear as to next steps. I had a main point of contact who followed up with me to ensure we were on the same page. It was a seamless process and it went smoothly. I had 2 phone interviews and then they arranged for me to come in and meet with 4 people. Shortly after I received an offer. The on-boarding was great as well. On my first day I was provided an orientation around the office and an intro to the Ladders and the cutlure. In addition all my paperwork was process in a timely fashion. I would highly recommend joining TheLadders team!

Interview Questions

• Describe a sales experience that was challenging and how I was able to overcome objections and win the business   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process at TheLadders was a much more positive experience than I've experienced at many other companies. I was first contacted by the internal recruiter Raynard and we scheduled a phone screening where we spoke about the position, the company, and my qualifications. I was then brought into the office for an in-person interview. When arriving, Raynard showed me around their office, which had a really cool, laid back start-up culture. For the interview, I met the head of Account Management, an Account Manager, an Account Executive, as well as one of the Directors. They were all very intelligent and passionate about the company, and excited about the direction that TheLadders is moving in. It was very conversational and there weren't many silly tricky questions that some companies may ask, they were just genuinely interested in my experience and determining if I was a good fit for the role. Overall, the interview process was very smooth, I loved the company and the people, and happily accepted the offer when presented

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I honestly have to say this interview process was one of the most positive experiences I've had during my job search. The HR contact Raynard "Ray" was extremely professional, courteous and welcoming. He was very transparent all throughout the recruitment process and made me feel welcomed. I interview with the Hiring Manager and Team and every individual I met was very intelligent and spent the time to give me an understanding of the company and opportunities in which I could add value and grow professionally. Anyone looking for a company that respects their employees and offers great benefits should definitely apply to TheLadders!!!

Interview Questions

• What books are you currently reading   1 Answer

Negotiation

Somewhat flexible

Application

Interview

I honestly have to say that my interview experience at TheLadders has been one of the best experiences during my job search. I applied and was contacted by Raynard (Ray). Ray was extremely professional, transparent and helpful. He make the recruitment process simple and easy. I interviewed with the Hiring manager and her team. They were all very patient and made sure to confirm my understanding of what they did and where I would be able to add value. Anyone who is looking for a company that respects their employees and offers great benefits should seek employment at TheLadders!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Somewhat flexible

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a coding test, a modeling/design portion of the interview and a one-on-one interview with a software dev manager. Each portion of the interview lasts about 1 hour and you will need about 3-4 hours to commit to this process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TheLadders (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Questions

I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TheLadders in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the lead recruiter via phone and then again onsite and the director of hr. Both individuals informed me of how my role would impact the company as a whole and did a great job of allowing me to understand the culture of the company and how cross-functional the teams are. I was onsite for no more than 90 minutes and was provided with a tour of the office. I felt the environment would be perfect for me because it reflects that of a start up.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to discuss my career plan and where did I see this role in that plan.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was provided a salary I didn't agree with at first, but once I explained why, I was given the salary I wanted