TheLadders Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2014.

At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2014.

Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Questions

I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.

Had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and four in person interviews with nine different people. After the 3rd round I was given a verbal offer by the recruiter only to be asked to come back in for a 4th round as a formality. Turns out the offer was rescinded after the last interview. If I am not qualified, shouldn't that have been determined early on? I even initially declined the 2nd round after reading the reviews on Glassdoor and they asked that I give them another shot. I am fortunate to have a job but being asked to spend so much time away from the office interviewing without so much as an apology email my time is very unprofessional.

Contract Resume Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

submitted before and after resume samples

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

Thoughtful and considerate.

Interview Questions
    • Would you like a job other than the one you are actually here to interview for?   View Answer
    Simple and straight forward.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in August 2009.

Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2013.

After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Questions
    • One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in July 2011.

Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!