TheLadders

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TheLadders in May 2014.

At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in April 2014.

Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Questions

I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in January 2013.

After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Questions
    • One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TheLadders in July 2011.

Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

If you're interviewing with TheLadders.com, beware that this is not a company that takes interviews lightly. I started with a brief phone interview with the hiring manager, then came in for two rounds of in-person interviews - each time with 3 or 4 people that I would be working with in the position. I spent a several hours in the offices each visit, and got a ton of information as well as the chance to talk about what I do with many stakeholders. The interviews were mostly relatively informal in style, but did contain substance as each of the interviewers knew what s/he wanted to get out of the conversation.

After both rounds of interviews, I had a breakfast the following week with the hiring manager where we solidified what we were both looking for. I had the offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Given the previous challenges that we've had in the past (which were spelled out), how would you approach the situation to bring new ideas to table?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you've had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you move past it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary, as the offer I received was above what I had already said I was looking for. Vacation was unlimited, so there was no negotiation there.

I did attempt to negotiate on title as the one I was offered was a step down from where i had been previously, but there was no room to budge on this issue. All in all it was a fair offer and one that the company could be reasonably sure I would accept - which I ultimately did.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in October 2010.

I was initially contacted via email regarding a position I applied for months prior - the recruiter was very responsive in setting up a phone screen which happened the followiong day.

Came in for a round one, was supposed to meet with 3 people and 2 ending up "getting pulled into a meeting" so I could only meet with one person. They said I would be more qualified for another position and would contact me in one week.

They did, I came in for a round 2, met with the hiring manager, then exec team and at the end they told me I was hired. It was very simple and did not require a little more than answering questions in a positive manner, there was no background check, should I have not had a pulse I assume they would not have accepted me.

Interview Questions
    They are not willing to negotiate, they have a set budget and will not move unless it is a very senior level position

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TheLadders in May 2010.

Took the exam that they created. I answered most of the questions. The interview was ok but I think some of the question the developer asked me was very difficult and his answer was something he just researched on google.

Interview Questions
    • Javascript question that I didn't understand. Then when I researched it when I got home I realized what was being asked. I think the question was very difficult. It was like asking when did JFK died and what time.   Answer Question

Career Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TheLadders in April 2010.

Interview process was very informal. Met with 4-5 different sales people from 3 team leaders, to manager, to director. All of them asked similar questions. Very brief for each meeting, anywhere from 5-8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales background do you have?   Answer Question
    • In general, what kind of sales tactics would you employ to this type of customer?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.