TheLadders

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2014.

Interview Details – At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2014.

Interview Details – Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

Interview Details – Thoughtful and considerate.

Interview Question – Would you like a job other than the one you are actually here to interview for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward.

Community Associate Interview

Community Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in August 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2013.

Interview Details – After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Question – One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview Details – Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Interview Question – How would you describe your writing style?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Career Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

Interview Details – Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in July 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Interview Questions

Career Services Manager Interview

Career Services Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very informal. Met with 4-5 different sales people from 3 team leaders, to manager, to director. All of them asked similar questions. Very brief for each meeting, anywhere from 5-8 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Community Associate Interview

Community Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TheLadders in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was asked in for a 1:1 interview with two Community managers, then asked back a few days later and offered the job. Fairly easy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation here. I was made an offer and accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TheLadders

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!