TheLadders Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2014.

At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2014.

Trust your judgement when considering a job here and don't accept verbal offers from this company. The company has a very bad reputation for a reason. They basically gave me the runaround for a few weeks and then when I had two other promising offers, they gave me a verbal offer. The contract was supposed to be sent out the following Monday. Apparently, it wasn't approved and they stopped communicating. It's such a horrible way to treat people. In the end, I'm glad it happened the way that it did. Who would want to work at a company who treats people this way? It's poor business and very unethical. I wish them the best, but hopefully the leadership will change. Otherwise, I can't see this business succeeding.

Interview Questions

I was going to accept the offer because I really liked the hiring manager, but the interviewing process was horrible toward the end.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2010.

Thoughtful and considerate.

Interview Questions
    • Would you like a job other than the one you are actually here to interview for?   View Answer
    Simple and straight forward.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in August 2009.

Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in January 2013.

After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Questions
    • One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at TheLadders.

Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in May 2011.

Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders in July 2011.

Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Career Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders in April 2010.

Interview process was very informal. Met with 4-5 different sales people from 3 team leaders, to manager, to director. All of them asked similar questions. Very brief for each meeting, anywhere from 5-8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales background do you have?   Answer Question
    • In general, what kind of sales tactics would you employ to this type of customer?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TheLadders in March 2009.

Was asked in for a 1:1 interview with two Community managers, then asked back a few days later and offered the job. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation here. I was made an offer and accepted.

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!