TheLadders.com

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in January 2010.

Interview Details – Thoughtful and considerate.

Interview Question – Would you like a job other than the one you are actually here to interview for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward.

Community Associate Interview

Community Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in August 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Question – One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at TheLadders.com.

Interview Details – Interview questions were very random and they did not seem to relate to skills, personality or experience. Random questions from a very Random company

Interview Question – How would you describe your writing style?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Career Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in May 2011.

Interview Details – Overall it was a simple process, and everyone was easy to speak to. Their questions were fairly standard and they were very open with me about the role and the direction the team would be looking to move in. They did ask about my interest in helping others, and wanted to know how my degree would translate into the role.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers was insistent on knowing why I chose the degree I did, why I did my political internships, and when, if at all, I'd be looking to go to grad school. It was really starting to get annoying the 3rd time I had to go through those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TheLadders.com in July 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward questions about my background. Asked me about my 5 year plan.

Career Services Manager Interview

Career Services Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very informal. Met with 4-5 different sales people from 3 team leaders, to manager, to director. All of them asked similar questions. Very brief for each meeting, anywhere from 5-8 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Community Associate Interview

Community Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TheLadders.com in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was asked in for a 1:1 interview with two Community managers, then asked back a few days later and offered the job. Fairly easy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation here. I was made an offer and accepted.

Human Resources Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you're interviewing with TheLadders.com, beware that this is not a company that takes interviews lightly. I started with a brief phone interview with the hiring manager, then came in for two rounds of in-person interviews - each time with 3 or 4 people that I would be working with in the position. I spent a several hours in the offices each visit, and got a ton of information as well as the chance to talk about what I do with many stakeholders. The interviews were mostly relatively informal in style, but did contain substance as each of the interviewers knew what s/he wanted to get out of the conversation.

After both rounds of interviews, I had a breakfast the following week with the hiring manager where we solidified what we were both looking for. I had the offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Given the previous challenges that we've had in the past (which were spelled out), how would you approach the situation to bring new ideas to table?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you've had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you move past it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary, as the offer I received was above what I had already said I was looking for. Vacation was unlimited, so there was no negotiation there.

I did attempt to negotiate on title as the one I was offered was a step down from where i had been previously, but there was no room to budge on this issue. All in all it was a fair offer and one that the company could be reasonably sure I would accept - which I ultimately did.

Very Easy Interview

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Junior Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TheLadders.com in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via email regarding a position I applied for months prior - the recruiter was very responsive in setting up a phone screen which happened the followiong day.

Came in for a round one, was supposed to meet with 3 people and 2 ending up "getting pulled into a meeting" so I could only meet with one person. They said I would be more qualified for another position and would contact me in one week.

They did, I came in for a round 2, met with the hiring manager, then exec team and at the end they told me I was hired. It was very simple and did not require a little more than answering questions in a positive manner, there was no background check, should I have not had a pulse I assume they would not have accepted me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are not willing to negotiate, they have a set budget and will not move unless it is a very senior level position

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TheLadders.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TheLadders.com interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by TheLadders.com employees and interview candidates.