TheStreet Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2014
8 interviews

2.7

Editorial Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in May 2014.

I had to talk on the phone with the editor. The interview was basically a formality and was focused on my work ethic and discussing the requirements of the position. The interview was sealed with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you write or report more?   View Answer
    Its an internship, there is no negotiation.

Finance Intern Interview

It was a telephone interview. The questions were all about my past intern experience.

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in August 2011.

Pretty standard. First, starts with a phone call. Second, a video conf call. Third a F2F interview. Forth, letter of proposal. Fifth, offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a decent increase after a few days of communication.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at TheStreet in August 2012.

Smooth interview process

I received the offer I wanted so no need to negotiate.

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in October 2009.

Hiring process was long, but not difficult. You will interview with editors, not HR, which is good, unlike some other news companies that make you interview with clueless HR people before even speaking to an editor. Also, does not make you take some lame reporting test which wastes time, like Bloomberg and the rest. You just sit and talk to editors and if you interview well and have skills as financial journalist or master's in journalism and interest in financial news...

Interview Questions
    • None in particular. Difficulty is in getting this company to move on making hires. Not financially stable.   Answer Question
    Company is not financially secure and hasn't had profits in some time, therefore, negotiation was short. I rejected lowball offer, they raised, but not by significant amount for a NY City job. No great benefits or bonuses to be had for newsroom staff as far as I know given current financial difficulties for company. They sometimes offer very small bonuses and stock options were offered by new CEO, but these options are WAY underwater (ie not even close to being worth even one cent to an employee at present).

Summer Intern Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in April 2011.

Responded to resume within a week -> Phone interview -> Final round interview offer within 3 days -> Job offer one month later

Interview Questions
    • We have many qualified candidates- why should we choose you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the analysis and findings of case studies that you performed in some of your classes.   Answer Question

Sale Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in December 2008.

phone interview and one on one with manager

Editor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in June 2010.

A brief phoen interview, followed by an in-office interview with one manager, then a one on two interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiatie

Worked for TheStreet? Contribute to the Community!