TheStreet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

Interviewed at TheStreet

Interview Details – It was a telephone interview. The questions were all about my past intern experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Ad Operations Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard. First, starts with a phone call. Second, a video conf call. Third a F2F interview. Forth, letter of proposal. Fifth, offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a decent increase after a few days of communication.

Ad Sales Interview

Ad Sales
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TheStreet in August 2012.

Interview Details – Smooth interview process

Negotiation Details – I received the offer I wanted so no need to negotiate.

Journalist Interview

Journalist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was long, but not difficult. You will interview with editors, not HR, which is good, unlike some other news companies that make you interview with clueless HR people before even speaking to an editor. Also, does not make you take some lame reporting test which wastes time, like Bloomberg and the rest. You just sit and talk to editors and if you interview well and have skills as financial journalist or master's in journalism and interest in financial news...

Interview Question – None in particular. Difficulty is in getting this company to move on making hires. Not financially stable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company is not financially secure and hasn't had profits in some time, therefore, negotiation was short. I rejected lowball offer, they raised, but not by significant amount for a NY City job. No great benefits or bonuses to be had for newsroom staff as far as I know given current financial difficulties for company. They sometimes offer very small bonuses and stock options were offered by new CEO, but these options are WAY underwater (ie not even close to being worth even one cent to an employee at present).

Summer Intern Position Interview

Summer Intern Position
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in April 2011.

Interview Details – Responded to resume within a week -> Phone interview -> Final round interview offer within 3 days -> Job offer one month later

Interview Questions

• We have many qualified candidates- why should we choose you for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the analysis and findings of case studies that you performed in some of your classes.   Answer Question

Sale Interview

Sale

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in December 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview and one on one with manager

Interview Question – what do you like about sales?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Editor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TheStreet in June 2010.

Interview Details – A brief phoen interview, followed by an in-office interview with one manager, then a one on two interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiatie

Worked for TheStreet? Contribute to the Community!