Theranos Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.6

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Phone then onsite interview, met couple of people from product . COO is the ultimate person take hiring decision, rest are all puppets keeping you entertained.

Nothing much to mention ...

Interview Questions

• Just Standard product questions

Also if I took the blood test offered by the company

Answer Question

Most disorganized team
    None of the people seem competent or pleasure to work with. Extremely defensive about their incomplete work floating out there

Doesn't Matter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Several people will interview you asking basically the same questions over and over again. This is lengthy and will take maybe weeks or months. Even if you make it through several interviews you will not be guaranteed a job as someone at the end could end your candidacy on the spot for a good reason, or none at all.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you know your resume like the back of your hand.   Answer Question

Cls Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Took almost a month to start the job.
    Got an email from HR. Replied to the email and got a quick response. Very accommodating with your schedule.
    I requested to be interviewed on Saturday and they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Different questions to see your interest and if you are the right for for the company   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and was told I had the skills and experience they were looking for. He told me he will call again to schedule an interview. Two months later, I received a call from the same person telling me he was on vacation. I received another call detailing the job, which happened to be the same job I was told they already found a better candidate for. I asked them about this and was told they will get back to me within a week. They obviously did not call me back.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1) Recruiter Screening
    2) Phone Interview
    3) On site - PM Interview (s)
    4) On site - Executive Interview (s)

Went through a formal background check and reference check. Theranos reached out to my references and provided me a verbal offer. I had to follow-up multiple times to understand when I would be provided a formal official offer. After several weeks, I was told that the position was actually no longer available - as it did not exist. I was told that as a start-up, there were these types of growing pains. For a company of 200+ employees, I did not find it to be a reasonable response, but thanked the company for the their time. Regardless, I would suggest the company and its management to respect a candidate's time, the same that they would expect the same type of respect. In summary, very unprofessional and was probably a blessing in disguise.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Waste of a month of my life; not the best experience I ever had as a professional.

Yes, it was really nice getting an email back in less than 24 hours from one of the Recruiters after applying online. She told me that I will hear back from a Recruiting Coordinator

Got an email from the coordinator a couple of days later that she would like to set up a phone call with Director. Got that set up on a certain. I was outside freezing at a remote spot to wait for her call. She never called. I called the Recruiting Coordinator. No answer.

Got to set up another phone call date and time a week later. She never called me. I called the coordinator and she apologized that Director of Talent was out sick and will try to set another phone call. I said ok

Got a call from the coordinator saying why don't I just come in for face to face to meet with 3-4 people from the Recruiting Team. I said ok

I went in..... apparently only 2 was available to speak. The recruiter i spoke with had simple questions. It was dry. (he made me feel like he felt obligated or forced to meeting with me.)

Second guy a sourcer. Both interviews took less that 45 mins. He said i should hear back from them by mid week. Didnt hear back till Thursday of the following week.

I get a call back from the original Recruiter who said that the team thought that "there was no connection". Really? based on two guys opinions from the face to face? While you never gave me the chance to speak with the Director where i could have impressed her?

The process up till the Coordinator was the best thing that happened with this interview process. Im not angry or hurt that there was no offer. I am in the running for 2 Fortune 500 companies. If they gave me an offer, i Would have trashed your offer if the former companies offered me something.

For a company that wants to double its Recruiting Team, ya'll sure put a lot of importance and stress to the recruiting effort. Kinda wonder about their board of directors too.... former congress and military men? ok....

BTW, the Theranos blood test although simple and quick was a little annoying the following days following the procedure as you feel the needle spot on your finger since you work with the hands a lot. At least with conventional blood testing, you forget all about it after you get blood work.

Cheers

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Everyone I met with was very professional throughout the entire process. They explained what to expect and were extremely friendly when I came onsite. Each interviewer was genuinely excited about the work they do and about working at the company, in general. I was surprised at how well everything was organized in spite of still being a smaller sized company.

Interview Questions

• They were questions that I expected - nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interview

I got an offer from Theranos but did not join the company.

It looked like a great company with people who believe in their mission to define a new health-care industry that empowers the individuals by giving them access to their own lab results. The team I interviewed with were really nice people. All the interviewers were very transparent about the expectations including the requirement for working hard, smart, and long hours which I am Ok with. Also the recruiter expedited the interview process for me because I had other offers.
    However, at the end, there was this one person in the compensation team that was communicating with me about accepting the offer. She put me under pressure to accept their offer immediately without granting my requests about improvements in the offer and without giving me enough time to think. This was my first time seeing an HR person who instead of encouraging people to join the company freely, takes an aggressive approach. Although I don't think that the behavior of this single individual is reflective of the company's culture since she had joined the company very recently. Other than that, I had a very positive interview experience with the team.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person. I went for in-person interview and it lasted for 1 hr. Questions are very typical for the similar corporate interviews. I met with two interviewers. Both seems not very happy in what they do there. People and environment seems a worry place right from the front desk.
    I did not get the offer but, they did not give any details for the rejection. They don't talk about salary until they decide to offer the job. So expect surprises...

Interview Questions

• Asked me to screen the interviewer for a job and show how we do it.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was horrible. I was suppose to meet with COO for a scheduled interview, but COO was out to lunch so they canceled when I was on site. They could have let me know a day in advance atleast.

Interview Questions

• would you work 60 hours a week?   2 Answers