Theranos

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Theranos in March 2013.

Interview Details – Exchanged Resume at Job Fair, Was contacted after 2 months.
In a span of 4 weeks had three phone interviews.
1st - more of a background check and learning what projects I have done and how.
2nd- technical, talented lady interviewed me. She asked me lot about OOPs concepts and Database concepts. In fact belted me left right and center. And few Data structures and algorithms questions.
3rd - was with COO. went only for 10 minutes. Full High End Questions, where would you see yourself from 5 years? How much hours will you work?... blah blah... finally said we will contact you for onsite next week..

yet to receive, onsite interview offer

Interview Question – What is Polymorphism? If a class has two objects whether ob1==ob2 returns true/false?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Actually, I still haven't completed the interview.. but since I had no other options. I selcted yes, but I declined radio button

Very Easy Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Theranos in January 2013.

Interview Details – Did 2 interviews:
- the first one was more about learning my background and personality;
- the second one was the technical one, except for the fact that the interviewer didn't ask any technical questions, was more asking to describe the project I was working on;
and finally said I didn't have enough experience for the job!

Interview Question – No real question at all   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Theranos in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a job fair, exchanged emails with him and then did a half-hour phone screen. Was contacted a few days later to do an on-site interview with 3 different people. Mostly technical questions, solved some problems on a whiteboard. The following weekend I came in for an interview with the CEO and COO, then got the offer that week.

Interview Question – Describe the anatomy of a system call in depth. Including a description of virtual memory (not conceptually, but including description of caches, page tables, etc)   Answer Question

Worked for Theranos? Contribute to the Community!