Theranos Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Scientist (13)
- Research Associate (7)
- Software Developer (3)
- Electrical Engineer (3)
- AP Clerk (3)
- Laboratory Technician (3)
- Senior Scientist (2)
- Employee (2)
- Accounts Payable Clerk (2)
- Lab Tech (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Recruiting Coordinator (2)
- Assay Systems Production Associate (2)
- Device Optimization and Systems Integration (1)
- Sales Role With Theranos (1)
- Molecular Biology Group (1)
- Production Associate Assay Systems (1)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) (1)
- Systems V &V Engineer (1)
- Assay Systems Production Associate Interview (1)
- Software Engineer, Algorithms (1)
- Lead Embedded Systems Engineer (1)
- GM/BU Microbiology (1)
- Clinical Lab Scientist (1)
- S Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Technical Recruiter (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Product Engineer (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Supply Chain Manager (1)
Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Theranos in March 2013.
Interview Details – Exchanged Resume at Job Fair, Was contacted after 2 months.
In a span of 4 weeks had three phone interviews.
1st - more of a background check and learning what projects I have done and how.
2nd- technical, talented lady interviewed me. She asked me lot about OOPs concepts and Database concepts. In fact belted me left right and center. And few Data structures and algorithms questions.
3rd - was with COO. went only for 10 minutes. Full High End Questions, where would you see yourself from 5 years? How much hours will you work?... blah blah... finally said we will contact you for onsite next week..
yet to receive, onsite interview offer
Interview Question – What is Polymorphism? If a class has two objects whether ob1==ob2 returns true/false? Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Actually, I still haven't completed the interview.. but since I had no other options. I selcted yes, but I declined radio button
Very Easy Interview
Software Developer Interview (Negative Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Theranos in January 2013.
Interview Details – Did 2 interviews:
- the first one was more about learning my background and personality;
- the second one was the technical one, except for the fact that the interviewer didn't ask any technical questions, was more asking to describe the project I was working on;
and finally said I didn't have enough experience for the job!
Interview Question – No real question at all Answer Question
Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Theranos in May 2012.
Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a job fair, exchanged emails with him and then did a half-hour phone screen. Was contacted a few days later to do an on-site interview with 3 different people. Mostly technical questions, solved some problems on a whiteboard. The following weekend I came in for an interview with the CEO and COO, then got the offer that week.
Interview Question – Describe the anatomy of a system call in depth. Including a description of virtual memory (not conceptually, but including description of caches, page tables, etc) Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Theranos