Zillow
www.zillow.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Zillow Tier I Windows Technician Interview Question

I interviewed in Seattle, WA and was asked:
"There is a backup server in an office, which is scheduled to run an incremental backup every night at 7:00, then copy the results of that backup to a network share. Job completes fine every night except Thursday, when it fails, and the machine is found hung the next day. What's happening?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Tier I Windows Technician Interview Review - one of 91 Zillow Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 2
votes
Maintenance cleans the windows of the office on that day, and leaves the curtain open after doing so. Late-afternoon sun hits the machine, machine overheats during the job. Question (which I did not successfully answer, and may be butchering) was asked more to see process of trouble-shooting (though it would have been nice to have found the answer). It was also taken from an actual situation the interviewer had encountered.
- Interview Candidate on Mar 18, 2009 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Zillow – Why Work for Us?

Zillow is a home and real estate marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners, home buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents, mortgage professionals, landlords and property managers find and share vital information… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zillow interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Zillow employees and interview candidates.