Interview Question

Applications Programming Specialist Interview Lansing, MI

There wasn't really much in the way of difficult or

unexpected questions. It was what I would expect for the nature of the job and the skill level sought. I was asked if I am the type of person to follow what others say when it comes to projects or do I take charge and/or question the group leader or do I follow blindly.
Tags:
analytical
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I replied that it would depend on the person. Some people you know they have the experience to lead and may be able to do a great job and you have faith in their ability, other people you know may not be so capable and it might be a good idea to question them. It really boils down to do you trust the person leading you, or do you really need to know what the person is thinking and perhaps as such not feel as confident in the person leading the group. It also depends on the nature of the particular group assignment and each of the group members ability to do the job effectively. Sometimes following blindly is best when I am just learning and I only question when I seek to learn more, rather then question the tactics used.
 I additionally gave examples of situations where I trusted other people's judgments, and examples where I felt it better to question them. It helps to know your teammates, their skill level, their knowledge, and their motivations.

Interview Candidate on Dec 30, 2012