J.P. Morgan
3.4 of 5 3,519 reviews
www.jpmorganchase.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

J.P. Morgan Derivative Margin Client Service Representative- Analyst Interview Question

I interviewed in Newark, DE and was asked:
"There were no difficult questions regarding the complexities of derivatives, i think the most only real finance related question was when they asked me to explain what a margin call is."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Derivative Margin Client Service Representative- Analyst Interview Review - one of 2,201 J.P. Morgan Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1
Im not going to explain a margin call in detail but basically its when the value of an asset a derivative derives its value from changes the clients collateral requirements fluctuate and when the client has less then the required collateral in the account JPM will issue a margin call letting the client know they have to put up more collateral to meet the minimum requirements...For more detailed info on Margin and Margin Calls i would use google or finance/investing websites to research it.
- Interview Candidate on Sep 3, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.