American Express
3.6 of 5 1,587 reviews
www.americanexpress.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

American Express Lead Project Manager Interview Question

I interviewed in Saint Petersburg, FL and was asked:
"There were no mysterious or key questions. The interview consisted of a friendly open, honest conversation about my past accomplishments and experience. The hiring manager and I talked for about 35 minutes as he conveyed the position details and explained what was expected. One of the standard questions is to give an example of how you manged a particularly difficult situation with a given project, resource or vendor."
Tags: analytical, change management, team leader, problem solver, risk managemen
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Lead Project Manager Interview Review - one of 452 American Express Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
You must be prepared to relate your experience and give clear examples at the same time you develop rapport with the hiring manager. Your answers should clearly demonstrate your abilities to successfully manage the project and its related work. Real life case scenarios work best. Also, clearly demonstrate that you will be an added value / asset to the work or project and that you can be an integral part of the team.
- Interview Candidate on Nov 22, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.