Thermax

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

3.2

Engineer (Technology) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thermax.

This was an on campus interview and selections for the interview were made on the basis of our grades and one round of group discussion.
    The interview itself was a mix of both HR and technical and there were two employees sitting across the table from me.
    They just asked me some general questions about what I was looking for in a job, what were my expectations with Thermax, etc. Since I had already interned with them, I knew about the company and work culture and that helped in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my worst subject was and then when I said Thermodynamics, they asked me to draw the refrigeration cycle. That probably was the only technical question asked.   Answer Question

It's a very good company to work for, but I rejected the work offer to pursue my Master's instead.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax in January 2012.

Had just one interview with not much technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and mostly were looking for enthusiastic candidates with passion and energy. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. However my friends in the other interview room faced a few tough questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thermax in January 2009.

interviewed on campus

standard package

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax.

Aptitude test (Technical and quantitative) followed by GD and then PI.

Interview Questions
    • They want people who can sell their products. so, basically in the interview you are there to sell yourself.   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax in October 2013.

purely technical with a few HR questions strewn in.the written was very lengthy and meticulous to solve. however the nature of the interview was very friendly and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • nothing very difficult as such , mostly basics from the topic of boilers,theromodynamics,production   Answer Question

Execution Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermax.

I was initially contacted through a job seeking site. After the initial contact they offered me train tickets to visit Pune & attend the interview. The interview itself is a grueling process of 90 minutes in which they covered every possible angle. The H.O itself emitted a helpful vibe with its employees ready to help you even though they themselves were busy. After the interview I was given the return ticket with a promise to notify the developments. After a week they called me to congratulate me as I had been selected & I was told to join on as certain date where my site would be disclosed.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were regarding the material selection and crane positioning along with different scenarios based questions like, After hydro you found that boiler expansion creates a problem with an existing structure due to either designing or site error...What do you do?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax in October 2012.

An APTITUDE(technical & general) + GD+ INTERVIEW( HR & TECHNICAL) was conducted.
    Aptitude was about 60 min with technical sections consisting of basic questions from CIVIL ENG. stream with an emphasis on concrete technology . GD topic was "ARE WE LEARNING FROM THE HISTORY OR REPEATING IT".Interview was also very plain with basic civil eng. questions

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to draw the sketch of joint where a column and beam joins, using riveted connections and gusset plates. Of course its not really tough which I realized after the interview. Just stay cool & all the qstns will be 4m basics only.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax in September 2012.

Technical & Aptitude written test of 40+25+25+25+25 questions. followed by essay wririting and GD and then finaaly PI

Interview Questions
    • simple basic questions from your subjects of interests....   Answer Question
    No negotiation as it was campus interview

Site Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermax in December 2011.

Telephonic Interview followed by a personal interview.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thermax in November 2011.

The organisation's personal details sheet was asked to be filled, it was evaluated & it's scores were used for the first level screening.
    The second round was a test for technical, verbal, analytical & image perception ability; the exam was for one hour & there were 100 questions(40 technical, 20 analytical, 20 verbal, 20 image perception), negative marks were there; final screening happened by converting this 100 marks to 70 & the resume was given 30 marks, added up and out of that, the top 14 were selected for interview.
    The interview was mostly technical, testing our common sense & basic science; out of the 14, who attended the interview, they selected 4 for their GET program.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as of such "most difficult" or " unexpected" questions were asked   View Answer