Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Business Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted 30 minutes. It was mainly behavioural. Asked about previous work experience and how you handled situations there. What suggestion(s) did you make for the team's benefit? How much do you know about us? Where do you see yourself a few years from now? Do you plan to work in the States for long? What questions do you have for us.

Then he described the company and the position in detail and what work would be assigned.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past work experience and what problem did you face? And what suggestion did you put up for the benefit of the team and project   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. They were quite strict with the intern pay.

Technical Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Applied online. About 1 month later I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled another phone interview with 2 managers for the following week. After the phone interview I waited about a few days and was scheduled for an onsite interview. This was a 3.5 interview with a presentation on a given topic. The offer was given verbally the following day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview and the recruiter was going to go back and discuss with hiring manager. Played two calls of phone tag and never heard from the recruiter again. An email providing feedback would have been an acceptable and appropriate follow-up.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Very Long Interview and Hiring process. The end to end process was nearly 3 months and included middle as well as senior management. There were a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Overall the process was very professional

Interview Questions

• Please share one of your biggest career failures. What have you learned from the experience and how have you grown from it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Long interview process consisting of a pre-screen with HR (phone), screen with the managers of that department (phone), then a 3.5 hr in-person interview. Technical questions were difficult with specific "what went wrong with this experiment" scenarios. In the in-person interview, a presentation was required for one of the techniques. Very thorough process overall in a 3 week or so process.

Interview Questions

• If you were coming out of medical school, would you work in the ER or be a regular family doctor?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people inside the department and a couple of other depts (HR, legal, etc) and found everyone to be enjoyable and straightforward. An interesting feel as it is a large company and each dept felt independent when they could be but with overlaps that maybe weren't as defined as they could have been

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for several positions at Thermo Fisher and was contacted by different corporate recruiters for openings in two different locations. I declined to pursue one because that recruiter told me up front that they would not help with relocation and that the salary was low. He also made a point of telling me the different locations are distinct silos and there would be little or no opportunity to move from one to another or to work remotely from another location. I did go after the other opening, because although it was not local it was closer and I thought I could overcome the logistical issue.

There was a very pleasant phone screen with the 2nd recruiter, followed by a phone interview with two engineers. A few weeks later I was invited to come for a personal interview. This began with a short meeting with their on-site HR representative, who extolled the company's benefits. Next I had to drive a few blocks to another facility, where I met the man who would be my boss and the two engineers who'd previously spoken with me on the phone. It was clear to me, and I think to them, that I would have no problem doing the work described. At the end, I asked if they saw any gaps in my capabilities, or if they had any doubts I might address. They were all smiles, but I never heard anything further.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Logan, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by corporate HR rep located on the East Coast. Good conversation with the HR person and there seemed to be some good overlap with my background. Unfortunately, the conversation I had with the hiring manager (which he rescheduled twice) ended abruptly when I mentioned an affinity for homebrewing. He suggested I apply for a role elsewhere at ThermoFisher "perhaps the California office". After applying for several other positions at the Logan, UT site and hearing nothing at all I'm wondering if it's not a closed shop. From what I understand, the Logan facility is a recent acquisition by Thermo.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I applied online and the next week received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screening interview. The phone interview was typical. She talked a lot about the company and the position. She asked about my experience and what whether I was looking to leave my job right away or if I could wait. Judging by other reviews I gathered this process could take a while.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a third party recruiter- they offered me the job, took back the offer then the recruiter TEXTED ME via cellphone not even email, that I was no longer getting the job. Although what's confusing is, they told me they ordered my computer prior to the text? It was really degrading the whole thing. I screen shotted it and wish I could post it for the world to see.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at work you made a decision that made a big impact   Answer Question