Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a four hour block of time in which I interviewed with various people of the company such as future coworkers and future manager as well as other managers from other departments and the senior manager. Everyone was very nice and I felt very comfortable. They mostly asked questions about school because I had not worked before.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

H.R. Called to set up a phone interview with 4 panel members, 30 minutes each. Each interviewer asked about work experience related to the position. They really prefer someone with work experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in August 2015.

Interview

It was OK I guess. They came out to get me to begin the interview and were over 30 mins late. She said they were in a meeting so why schedule an interview at the same time I don't know. Anyway we began the interview and are joined by someone else so its like a tag team interview. I got two different vibes from both women and it just made it awkward when one is smiling and more personal and the other stares at you stone faced. So that continues for an about 30 to 45 mins. Then I'm put in a room for a 2 minute very simple typing test and pass with a 96% . Never heard back from them at all which I felt was unprofessional. They could have at least let me know they decided to go with other candidates. Oh well just wanted to share my experience. Much better opened up for me about a week later thank God!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt you went out of your way to help a customer.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted via email by HR. Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview with HR, followed by 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then called in for in person interview that lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at Thermo Fisher?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I got contacted with a recruiter first and after a couple of weeks, got an onsite interview. The whole process was very smooth but the downside was although the recruiter was aware that I will need visa sponsorship in future, she sent me for onsite interview (everything paid by myself) so I assumed the sponsorship is not an issue any more. When I got my rejection email, she explained that sponsorship was not approved for this position. It was really disappointing!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in July 2015.

Interview

Once I was contacted from my application the process was fairly quick as they were trying to fill the role immediately. I initially spoke to a recruiter about a different position than which I was hired. During my first phone screen they recommended I apply for another opportunity which they thought better suited me. I had three phone interviews and a group interview. The interview questions varied from situational and behavioral, to general conversation. Overall the interview process was pleasant, and everyone who I spoke with was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company you want to work for?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who wanted to buy from competitor because of a cheaper price?   Answer Question
    • How do you maintain the responsibilities of a remote role?   Answer Question

Associate Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Grand Island, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

it was an over the phone interview and if they want you back they will give you a second interview in the building. the process if you actually get hired took around 4 weeks. and i just started a few days ago.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

interviewed by three. two Sr. Scientist, one group supervisor. Overall the interview was very easy and down to earth. They had my resumes so we pretty much went over the resume and discussed typical skills that they are looking for.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Applied online. The entire process took about a month. Went through 5 rounds of interview and personal interview. Questions were centered around resume and validation. The process was smooth and professional. Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would perform validation for lab systems   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Asheville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and very thorough. I had the opportunity to interview with two Human Resource Representatives, the hiring manager, and three other sales members. Everyone was very professional, organized, and friendly. Although the process took about two months, I was kept informed every step of the way. The interview questions are very specific, and a good response will require articulation of your previous experience as it relates to the question. I found the questions to be challenging, but very insightful into how well a person's skill sets would match a particular position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you disagreed with your supervisor?   Answer Question