Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I got contacted with a recruiter first and after a couple of weeks, got an onsite interview. The whole process was very smooth but the downside was although the recruiter was aware that I will need visa sponsorship in future, she sent me for onsite interview (everything paid by myself) so I assumed the sponsorship is not an issue any more. When I got my rejection email, she explained that sponsorship was not approved for this position. It was really disappointing!

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Applied online. The entire process took about a month. Went through 5 rounds of interview and personal interview. Questions were centered around resume and validation. The process was smooth and professional. Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would perform validation for lab systems   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, very professional and nice. Was contacted by the same recruiter one week later and interviews were set up for the following week. Interviewed with five people within the company, some were more engaging than others. Job ended up being given to an internal candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was friendly and had a conversational feel. It was set up through a recruiting firm so there was basic information on the job before hand. During the interview we talked about the specific roles and responsibilities in the team.

Interview Questions

• Rank these three things reward, respect, recognition. Explain.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was helpful and nice throughout the process. He helped arrange my on site interview in a timely fashion that worked along with my school schedule. The hiring manager conducted an informal interview where we discussed about the prospective intern position and it felt very comfortable considering I was interviewing for a job.

Consultant, Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I had to go through 8 rounds of interviews. Its lengthy but I think it's a good thing as both parties get the chance to really see if it's a good fit. It's also a great opportunity for one to meet her/his further stakeholders.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Asheville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews. 1 with a recruiter. They generally wanted to feel you out, get a good idea of your history. 1 round table interview with supervisor and different technicians. They go in to technical questions and your experience. Want to know how you handle certain situations and pressures and your ability to adapt. 1 interview with human resources. Generally a get to know you, questions about your work history etc.

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in May 2015.

Interview

The HR managers were extremely professional and friendly. I never felt out of the loop at any instance and expectations were clear. The interviewing process from initial contact about setting up a phone interview to in-person interview and hearing back about a potential offer or not was fast. The 2 weeks it took to get a call after applying was the slowest part. Behavioral phone call interview that lasts 25~30 minutes. It is the typical interview in every way at this point. I strongly suggest downloading a top 50 or 100 interview questions and answering them before you have your phone interview. They asked (2) "easy" questions to get you calm before asking harder questions. Relax! HR are trying to make you feel comfortable! Next stage was an in-person interview that was 3x 30 minute individual interviews with team lead, team lead of a department the position would work closely with, and the senior manager of both departments. Each interviewer has a single focus for their questions and again they tell you up front and make the expectations known. Not any significant technical questions, all behavioral/personal experiences which I thought was odd. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Thermo Fisher Scientific. Describe your work to me. Tell me about your leadership experiences. Do you prefer to work alone or in a team? Do you prefer to take the lead or make suggestions for the group?   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know your strengths and weaknesses, which is normal but after the second interview had to fill out a personality index and explain why I scored the way that I did”

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, how did you do at your last job, etc.   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply in 3 weeks, the process was pretty easy. After 2 weeks, got an email saying the supervisor is interested the resume. After a quick phone screening, the recuiter then contact me with the interview. Met with several people from different formulation line, very nice people. The interview is 20-30 min each.