Thermo Fisher Scientific

132 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, usually the interview process is composed with two phone meetings, followed by a 1-on-1, and lastly a in person meeting with the HR director, potentially the VP of sales, and the hiring manager. Post final meeting an offer will be made.

Interview Question – What do you anticipate to be your biggest challenge to your business and what will you do to overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a strategy internship at Thermo Fisher (Life Technologies). Interview consisted of one 30 minute interview with the project leader and two hour interviews with team members.

Interview questions were mostly fit related as I am an advanced degree applying to a MBA internship. Some interview questions involved questions about business intelligence, product road mapping, and SWOT analysis. Nothing to difficult, if you have taken business classes.

Interview Questions

R&D Scientist Interview

R&D Scientist

Interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview Details – Current employee referred me for this position through the company's website. Received a phone interview with recruiter, followed by hiring manager a few days later. Went for an on-site interview the following week and received job offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What is your biggest challenge in your present position, and how did you solve this problem.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple recruiters call me about the role. Had a phone screen with an internal recruiter then a brief call with the hiring VP. Received feedback that the VP had a candidate in mind for the position but had another position I was an candidate for. Interviewed with about a dozen people on the phone or face to face who provided me a lot of candid information about the IT unit the role was in. Tempered my enthusiasm. Learned that a person who interviewed me and was offered the job. Was asked to apply for the other role. Had to re-interview with the some of the same people I interviewed with for the other job. Was asked detailed low level technical questions that one of the interviewers, the one who got the other job, had the questions and answers on sheets of paper (he thought it was a phone screen and not a face-to-face). Interview was a joke....Good company but IT team in Pittsburgh needs a major overhaul

Interview Question – What is a MEEP and why would you and not buy one   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in June 2014.

Interview Details – There are little "exercises" during the interview that are designed to put the candidate on the spot. Though I do understand the purpose of this, I felt as though it could filter out extremely qualified candidates because the intent is to get a quick response, I guess, as opposed to a quality thorough analysis. I believe some people are quick on their feet whereas others are more careful and thorough before presenting ideas. I believe the latter would be a more appropriate trait for an Analyst position.

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied got a phone call. Called back and never was able reach anyone.i was very disappointed that I never received a call back or even a letter telling me thanks for applying. Was a strange experience professionally.

Very Difficult Interview

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview Details – Phone interview was brief and went smoothly. However, the in person interview was intimidating, lengthly and didnt go so well. If you are one that is outgoing and easy to talk with BUT cannot answer hard, unexpected questions off the top of your head, be prepared.

Interview Question – It had something to do with making up a scenario and acting out how I would handle it?   View Answer

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in September 2013.

Interview Details – Communication was excellent during initial interview process.
Human resource phone interview and screening process was progressive.
Face to face interview went well.
When it came to follow up information, I waited a few weeks before contacting them to see if position had been filled.

Interview Question – Only discussions about roles within organization not many questions regarding position   View Answer

Planner/Buyer Interview

Planner/Buyer
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email from a recruiter within 1-2 weeks received an email requesting a phone interview. A couple days later had a fairly basic half hour interview with a recruiter mostly talking about my recent positions and filling me in on the job. A few days later had another phone interview of about an hour long, this time with a supply chain manager (not the hiring manager for the position, but similar), again discussing employment history, and the job . Finally, after another week had an in person interview for about 2.5 hours, including 1 hour with hiring manager, and half hour each with 3 colleagues.

Interview Question – Most questions in both phone and in person interviews pertained to my job experience, and how it related to the position applied for, including knowledge of MRP systems, methods of forecasting and ordering, etc. There were a couple questions asking to describe projects led, or difficult situations that I had to deal with.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview Details – Good experience, interviewed with five managers, all asked about work experience and a few behavioral questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary. I would recommend be prepared for any type of question

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had , and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Worked for Thermo Fisher Scientific? Contribute to the Community!