Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

After applying online, I received an email from a recruiter within 1-2 weeks received an email requesting a phone interview. A couple days later had a fairly basic half hour interview with a recruiter mostly talking about my recent positions and filling me in on the job. A few days later had another phone interview of about an hour long, this time with a supply chain manager (not the hiring manager for the position, but similar), again discussing employment history, and the job . Finally, after another week had an in person interview for about 2.5 hours, including 1 hour with hiring manager, and half hour each with 3 colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions in both phone and in person interviews pertained to my job experience, and how it related to the position applied for, including knowledge of MRP systems, methods of forecasting and ordering, etc. There were a couple questions asking to describe projects led, or difficult situations that I had to deal with.   View Answer

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone screen, interview with manager, round of panel interviews with 15 minute presentation "why hire me"
    very pleasant experience and i enjoyed all the people I interviewed with....i think the presentation is what got me hired

Field Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Several steps to the interview process: phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person interview with manager, phone interview with regional VP, meeting with manager's sales team. Offer made, followed by paperwork, drug screen and backgroung check. The enitre process took about 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you discovered an error that escaped others attention. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Reasonable, but took longer than 6 weeks for completion from start to finish.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

There was a job posting on school's career site for a career fair. I applied for an interview slot at the career fair. Final round interview was less than 2 weeks later at company headquarters. The initial interview was done by HR. Final rounds were with senior executives and program participants.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you could have handled a situation better, or you were unsuccessful at a task.   Answer Question
    Areas of concern were - location, relocation assistance amount, and signing bonus. The overall package was competitive, but could be less so depending on the location. Having to accept the offer before knowing the location was a factor in discussing relocation and signing bonus.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

very thorough and comfortable process.

accepted another position

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in December 2013.

Phone interview followed by presentation of your work and personal interview, followed by HR interview

Anonymous Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Not a quick interview process. Had to do multiple phone interviews with HR and then managers. Provided you have a job this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the company that makes you invaluable?   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in May 2011.

The interview consisted of an hour question and answer with one of the supervisors. Not too many questions were asked. Then the labs were toured and that helped give an idea of what work you would be working in.

GLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Group case "interview" was bizarre. We had candidates trying to talk over each other all while being monitored by a group of Thermo Fisher employees, who we could not interact with.

We also had three, one-on-one interviews which were all behavioral. It seemed like the interviewers were really pressured to stick to the scipt.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult question; they were all behavioral so just have stories ready   View Answer

Inspector Packer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Worst in my career, HR is clueless

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure that you took the drug test?   View Answer