Thermo Fisher Scientific

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Material Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone interview was brief and went smoothly. However, the in person interview was intimidating, lengthly and didnt go so well. If you are one that is outgoing and easy to talk with BUT cannot answer hard, unexpected questions off the top of your head, be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • It had something to do with making up a scenario and acting out how I would handle it?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Good experience, interviewed with five managers, all asked about work experience and a few behavioral questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary. I would recommend be prepared for any type of question

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had , and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in June 2014.

There are little "exercises" during the interview that are designed to put the candidate on the spot. Though I do understand the purpose of this, I felt as though it could filter out extremely qualified candidates because the intent is to get a quick response, I guess, as opposed to a quality thorough analysis. I believe some people are quick on their feet whereas others are more careful and thorough before presenting ideas. I believe the latter would be a more appropriate trait for an Analyst position.

Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

After applying online, I received an email from a recruiter within 1-2 weeks received an email requesting a phone interview. A couple days later had a fairly basic half hour interview with a recruiter mostly talking about my recent positions and filling me in on the job. A few days later had another phone interview of about an hour long, this time with a supply chain manager (not the hiring manager for the position, but similar), again discussing employment history, and the job . Finally, after another week had an in person interview for about 2.5 hours, including 1 hour with hiring manager, and half hour each with 3 colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions in both phone and in person interviews pertained to my job experience, and how it related to the position applied for, including knowledge of MRP systems, methods of forecasting and ordering, etc. There were a couple questions asking to describe projects led, or difficult situations that I had to deal with.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in June 2014.

Interviewed for a strategy internship at Thermo Fisher (Life Technologies). Interview consisted of one 30 minute interview with the project leader and two hour interviews with team members.

Interview questions were mostly fit related as I am an advanced degree applying to a MBA internship. Some interview questions involved questions about business intelligence, product road mapping, and SWOT analysis. Nothing to difficult, if you have taken business classes.

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone screen, interview with manager, round of panel interviews with 15 minute presentation "why hire me"
    very pleasant experience and i enjoyed all the people I interviewed with....i think the presentation is what got me hired

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Several steps to the interview process: phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person interview with manager, phone interview with regional VP, meeting with manager's sales team. Offer made, followed by paperwork, drug screen and backgroung check. The enitre process took about 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you discovered an error that escaped others attention. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Reasonable, but took longer than 6 weeks for completion from start to finish.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

There was a job posting on school's career site for a career fair. I applied for an interview slot at the career fair. Final round interview was less than 2 weeks later at company headquarters. The initial interview was done by HR. Final rounds were with senior executives and program participants.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you could have handled a situation better, or you were unsuccessful at a task.   Answer Question
    Areas of concern were - location, relocation assistance amount, and signing bonus. The overall package was competitive, but could be less so depending on the location. Having to accept the offer before knowing the location was a factor in discussing relocation and signing bonus.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

very thorough and comfortable process.

accepted another position

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Not a quick interview process. Had to do multiple phone interviews with HR and then managers. Provided you have a job this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the company that makes you invaluable?   Answer Question