Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Material Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone interview was brief and went smoothly. However, the in person interview was intimidating, lengthly and didnt go so well. If you are one that is outgoing and easy to talk with BUT cannot answer hard, unexpected questions off the top of your head, be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • It had something to do with making up a scenario and acting out how I would handle it?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Good experience, interviewed with five managers, all asked about work experience and a few behavioral questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary. I would recommend be prepared for any type of question

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had , and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in September 2013.

Communication was excellent during initial interview process.
    Human resource phone interview and screening process was progressive.
    Face to face interview went well.
    When it came to follow up information, I waited a few weeks before contacting them to see if position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Only discussions about roles within organization not many questions regarding position   View Answer

Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

After applying online, I received an email from a recruiter within 1-2 weeks received an email requesting a phone interview. A couple days later had a fairly basic half hour interview with a recruiter mostly talking about my recent positions and filling me in on the job. A few days later had another phone interview of about an hour long, this time with a supply chain manager (not the hiring manager for the position, but similar), again discussing employment history, and the job . Finally, after another week had an in person interview for about 2.5 hours, including 1 hour with hiring manager, and half hour each with 3 colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions in both phone and in person interviews pertained to my job experience, and how it related to the position applied for, including knowledge of MRP systems, methods of forecasting and ordering, etc. There were a couple questions asking to describe projects led, or difficult situations that I had to deal with.   View Answer

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone screen, interview with manager, round of panel interviews with 15 minute presentation "why hire me"
    very pleasant experience and i enjoyed all the people I interviewed with....i think the presentation is what got me hired

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Several steps to the interview process: phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person interview with manager, phone interview with regional VP, meeting with manager's sales team. Offer made, followed by paperwork, drug screen and backgroung check. The enitre process took about 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you discovered an error that escaped others attention. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Reasonable, but took longer than 6 weeks for completion from start to finish.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

There was a job posting on school's career site for a career fair. I applied for an interview slot at the career fair. Final round interview was less than 2 weeks later at company headquarters. The initial interview was done by HR. Final rounds were with senior executives and program participants.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you could have handled a situation better, or you were unsuccessful at a task.   Answer Question
    Areas of concern were - location, relocation assistance amount, and signing bonus. The overall package was competitive, but could be less so depending on the location. Having to accept the offer before knowing the location was a factor in discussing relocation and signing bonus.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

very thorough and comfortable process.

accepted another position

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in December 2013.

Phone interview followed by presentation of your work and personal interview, followed by HR interview

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Not a quick interview process. Had to do multiple phone interviews with HR and then managers. Provided you have a job this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the company that makes you invaluable?   Answer Question